Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Mother īs and Father īs Day Performance, Helpppp :)    

Mother īs and Father īs Day Performance, Helpppp :)

chito006hacker
Peru

Mother īs and Father īs Day Performance, Helpppp :)

Hello Guys from Eslprintables, how you doing? well in the next few days i have to present a perfomance for mother īs day and father īs day cause i am in charge to present these celabrations , i would like to hear some ideas and past performances that you present in public, thank you :) 

1 Apr 2013      

maggiejeria
Chile

Chito: I sent you a PM. Tongue

1 Apr 2013     

hardcase
France

Hi, I īve never done such a performance, but I could imagine a poem recital concerning a mother and or a father for little ons, or for bigger ones, they write a slam about their parents for instance....
hope my ides are of help. Good luck,
bye for now,

have a lovely day

1 Apr 2013     

ldthemagicman
United Kingdom

Chito006hacker,

The children, (helped by the Teacher if necessary), could each compose a 5-line Limerick about the Parent, which goes:

"My Mum (Dad) is a Dah Dah Dah Dee,
Dah, Dah, Dah, Dah, Dah, Dah, Dah, Dee,
Dah, Dah, Dah, Dah, Dah, Doh,
Dah, Dah, Dah, Dah, Dah, Doh,
Dah, Dah, Dah, Dah, Dah, Dah, Dah, Dee"
(īDee� and Dee� rhyme, and īDoh� and īDoh� rhyme).

Alternatively, the children could write, and read at the Show, (or memorise) a very short piece, entitled "Motherīs Day" ("Fatherīs Day") Gift.
"For my Mother (Father) on Motherīs Day (Fatherīs Day), I would LOVE to give her (him) --- for example ---

A big new Kitchen, BECAUSE our kitchen is ... ...
A ticket to Paris to vist my Grandmother, BECAUSE ... ...
A Hospital where she (he) could help all the children, BECAUSE ... ...
A new Red Dress, BECAUSE ... ...
A Trip around the World, BECAUSE ... ...
A Garden, BECAUSE ... ...
A Job, BECAUSE ... ...
A Machine to do all the housework, BECAUSE ... ...
A Car, BECAUSE ... ...
A big Bunch of Bananas, BECAUSE ... ...
Anything in the World, BECAUSE ... ...

Hardcase,
What is "a slam", please?

Les

2 Apr 2013     

zailda
Brazil

The word "slam" refers to a booklet where you place some questions (each page you place one) with a numbered list of places to answer. Person 1 puts his/her name at the first page and answers all questios as #1. The second will answer as #2, and so on. 

It īs an old game students used to play at the end of the school year in Brazil and they ask questions about favorite food, band, etc. It īs also useful to get to know your ss at the beggining of a semester.

I guess he īs talking about the same "slam" I know.

Have a nice day!

Zailda

2 Apr 2013     

chito006hacker
Peru

Thank you everybody :) have a nice day :) regards

2 Apr 2013