Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > can you help me?    

can you help me?

EITAN
Israel

can you help me?

How do we say?????????

I will take sunscreen.

OR     I will take a sunscreen.

OR     I will take a yellow sunscreen.

Which sentence is grammatical o.k?

They have a baby and a little dog-Is this sentence correct?

Can I say : They have a baby and little dog?

2 Apr 2013      

FrauSue
France

I would say: I will put on some sunscreen.
If you are in the shop and looking for new sunscreen, I would say: I �ll have the yellow bottle of sunscreen / I �ll have a bottle of sunscreen.

They have a baby and a little dog. (The second sentence sounds like "baby and little" are the adjectives describing the dog.)

I hope that helps.

2 Apr 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

Sunscreen:

Beach umbrella:

I put on or apply sunscreen; I take or get an umbrella. Since sunscreen is noncount/uncountable, you can take a bottle of sunscreen or take [some] sunscreen, but not with "a."

I prefer "a baby and a little dog, but I don �t think the other is technically wrong. I respectfully disagree with FrauSue; I would say " little baby dog," not a "baby and little dog." I can see the confusion, though; there are examples where this would be ambiguous.

2 Apr 2013     

abba
Spain

By the way, what �s the verb used with sunscreen? Do  you spread the sunscreen  or do you rub it on your body?

2 Apr 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Put it on. If you are doing this for someone else, they might urge you to rub it in. 

2 Apr 2013