Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > My contribution was removed.    

My contribution was removed.

imelda
Mexico

My contribution was removed.

Dear Moderators,

today on of my contributions was removed (giving advice board game) because it was reported but what saddens me more is that it was voted and removed. the person who reported it reported it with this link: http://bogglesworldesl.com/esl_games.htm
 I tried to see what this person was accusing me of but could not. Those of you who had downloaded the contribution using should can even check the documents properties where my name appears in author. I have already sent an email to victor about this matter but what I would like to know is that if the link lend nowhere but to bogglesworld why my contribution got "voted" for removal.

Ime

2 Apr 2013      

Jayho
Australia

Oh Imelda, I feel so disappointed for you. A well respected moderator wrote a comment saying that the link provided was not correct.  I checked it and it didn�t even lead to anything that closely resembled your game.  It was a false link.

I wrote a comment agreeing and aslo commenting that the person who reported it had in fact she herself uploaded stolen documents.

I have no idea why someone falsely reported your wonderful work.  I have no idea why moderators voted for removal without checking the false link.

All I can suggest is that you contact Victor to ask for it to be reinstated.

Cheers

Jayho

2 Apr 2013     

imelda
Mexico

thank you so much for your support Smile

2 Apr 2013     

Mabdel
Morocco

Dear Imelda!
So sorry to hear from you that one of your worksheets was removed! I didn �t check the abuse section today. I was extremely busy. I can �t believe why some moderators voted for removal without making sure of the link.
I know how you feel. Plz don �t let a minor thing distarct you....
Keep up sharing your great work am sure that Victor will restore it .

Best regards

2 Apr 2013     

imelda
Mexico

thank you so much for your support Smile

2 Apr 2013     

alexcure
Poland

Dear Imelda,

unfortunately the world runs too quickly ...  almost everyone is in a hurry. We need to be more patient and stop for a while....

I am sorry for you and hope your problem will be solved... and that the moderators will slow down a little bit and also those who report will be MORE CAREFUL with their decisions....

Hugs,

Alex

2 Apr 2013     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Take heart, Imelda, as the world wasn �t meant to be fair. I had a similar problem, which was never resolved, though. So in short, it �s a matter of moving on, I guess. Having said this, this is extra hard when you see a blatant copy on the new contributions page. Like today I saw a PPT I downloaded two weeks ago. But the trouble of finding the original and than reporting the link is sometimes a lot of work (unless you keep records of what and from whom you download?). I comforted myself by reasoning the moderators are only human, too. The saddest part of it all is that those rule-braking people call themselves teachers, too. We can feel only sorry for their students, and thank those who share decent, and self-created, work. Yours in teaching Peter

3 Apr 2013     

juliag
Japan

Hi there dear Imelda,

I �m so sorry to hear that your board game got removed in the end even though it was obviously not a copy.

Maybe the link proving otherwise was too late and too many moderators had already voted for removal, I �m sorry.

Anyway, after checking it out I know for sure that your worksheet wasn �t a copy so I �m sure Victor will reinstate it soon.

Don �t let it get you down, it �s very sad that some people vote for removal without checking things out thoroughly but in the end you know the truth - that it was your original work, so take comfort from that and the fact that so many of us support you and not the decision that was made against you.

Big hugs from Japan
Julia

3 Apr 2013