Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Helping students with Special Needs    

Helping students with Special Needs

MelissaEFL
Costa Rica

Helping students with Special Needs

Hello everyone!
The thing is that I �m helping a seventeen-year-old guy who has Dyslexia. It is too

challenging because he seems not to progress in reading comprehension skills. I

mentioned Reading comprehension because  this is the skill that is tested in

highschool in the standirized tests of public education here is Costa Rica.

I �m his private tutor! But I don �t find the way to help him succesfully. I would really appreciate your help...

8 Apr 2013      

dutchboydvh
Singapore

I found this article helpful. 

When in doubt.... do a google search. Wink

Best of luck!

-Dar

8 Apr 2013     

MelissaEFL
Costa Rica

Thanks for your help!!!

8 Apr 2013     

dmharg
Greece

I had a student with dyslexia but he had a doctor �s prescription not to attend in written exams. He took all his exams orally. The document was official and his school accepted it. Can �t he/she do the same in your country?

9 Apr 2013     

silvia.patti
Italy

In Italy students with dyslexia don �t have to read in front of the class. I have some dyslexic students but two or three are quite good at reading and they ask me to read as their classmates. However in Reading comprehension they have to read quietly and then find the answers in the text and copy them: this is enough.
Silvia

9 Apr 2013     

MelissaEFL
Costa Rica

Yes there are scafoldings for students with special needs in Costa Rica. I �m gonna say this to his mother! Maybe she can achieve something in the high school. Thanks!

9 Apr 2013