Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > Preparing students for exams    

Preparing students for exams

Lilia Laz
Tunisia

Preparing students for exams

Hello everybody,

Dear colleagues, once again, I want to know about your own experiences concerning preparing your students for exams.

In a few weeks, our students are going to sit for a national examination. I wondered how teachers round the world prepare theirs for such exams.

personally, I would make a recap of lexical items, structures they �ve seen throughout the year, cover the different topics through speaking or writing activities and sometimes we do and correct exams of previous years in class.

What about you? Waiting for your suggestions Thanks

HUGS FROM TUNISIA

19 Apr 2013      

mjpa
Spain

We review grammar mainly and like you, we also do exams from previous years , but i�m my opinion, the most important thing is the advice (general advice) you can provide them. Not about academic aspects, but other type of advice such as tips to feel confident and so on. At this time of the academic year, what they have not learnt before can�t be learnt now (you understand me) and they are usually so nervous and worried that the best thing is trying to keep them calm and make them feel confident.

19 Apr 2013