Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Grammar and Linguistics > HELP!!    

HELP!!

araveg
Spain

HELP!!

I Think  there was s problem with the margins. Isend you the exercise again.
As I told you I would like to know if this exercise is ok.

Thanks once more

COMPLETE THE SENTENCES WITH AN APPROPIATE VERB IN ACTIVE OR PASSIVE

1.   There is somebody behind us. I think we (follow)_____ARE BEING FOLLOWED_________________

2.   It was a surprise. I (telephone) WAS TELEPHONED    _______________________ by my a friend who lives in China

3.   The television(repair) ___HAS BEEN REPAIRED___________________. It(work) _____WORKS___________ again

4.   A new bridge _IS BEING BUILT____________________ across the river. Workers (start) ____STARTED___________ last year and the bridge (open)____WILL BE OPENED________________________ next January

5.   It�s a serious problem. I don�t know how it (solve) _CAN BE SOLVED_________________________

6.   My little daughter enjoys (read) __READING_____________________ books to her sister

7.   When she __ARRIVED_____________________, the lecture (cancel) __HAD BEEN CANCELLED_______________ because the lecturer (fall) HAD FALLEN _________________ill

8.   If I were you, I (not leave) ________WOULDN�T LEAVE________________ your car unlocked. It could (steal)  COULD BE STOLEN___________

9.   After he (arrest)___HAD BEEN ARRESTED___________________________, he (take) _WAS TAKEN__________________the police station

10. If I (not do) __DON�T DO _______________ my job properly, I (sack) WILL BE SACKED

11. Ann can�t use her office at the moment. It (redecorate) IS BEING REDECORATED

5 May 2013      

libertybelle
United States

They are all correct, although in number 9 - the word to is missing:

9.   After he (arrest)___HAD BEEN ARRESTED___________________________, he (take) _WAS TAKEN TO__________________the police station

Well done!

Libertybelle

5 May 2013     

yanogator
United States

Although #9 isn �t wrong, I would use a simple past-tense sequence:
After he was arrested, he was taken to the police station.

Bruce

6 May 2013