Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WORD OF DAY - 8th May 2013    

WORD OF DAY - 8th May 2013

Iciar
Spain

WORD OF DAY - 8th May 2013

Give it a go!

Here is the new word of the day. Can you give a definition of the following word? Don �t hold back, let your imagination go:

Finnimbrun

Remember that you have to give an alternative meaning for the word, NOT the correct one.

8 May 2013      

elderberrywine
Germany

Finn is in the middle of brunch and would like to tell you more about it, but his mouth is too full for him to finish his sentences.

8 May 2013     

sarguero
Spain

Finnimbrum is a broom made in Finland

Finnish brooms are used in that weird sport called Curling

8 May 2013     

edrodmedina
United States

What Brun told Finn when meeting him for the first time: Finn, I �m Brun. Ed

8 May 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

Fin: appendage of an aquatic animal, such as a fish or dolphin nim: a game involving strategic removal of items from heaps Brun: a river in Lancashire, England So finnimbrun is obviously a variant form of the game nim played by fishers in Lancashire using parts of fish that are not eaten. Simple!

9 May 2013     

MarionG
Netherlands

What the German life guard shouted when he noticed a man from finland about to drown in the spring. Fin im Brun !!!

9 May 2013     

Allisa
Bulgaria

Finnimbrun means someone from Finland who runs very fast. The term was invented after a player from Finland remained alive in a PvP in an online RPG and the participants from other countries exclaimed Finns are imba* runners!And because players tend to shorten everything (so that they play more and speak less) the phrase was reduced to a single word Finnimbrun.

*imba = imbalanced

Greetings to all RPG fans! Geek

9 May 2013     

maryse pey�
France

Well, I have a friend whose name is FINNingan and he is really IMpolite when he is in BRUNswick.

I �m afraid that the finnimbrun is a very particular sickness of the family FINNingan. Only God knows why the 1st Finningan who ever went in Brunswick was impolite... The legend says that he had eaten too many buns and drunk to many beers with so he became unable to clearly articulate his words and his address turned into unvoluntary impoliteness.

Why not ? As I �m not a Finningan heir I �m unable to be impolite like them !

9 May 2013