Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help needed    

Help needed

Yolandaprieto
Spain

Help needed

I have tried to find an expression which is very much used in Spanish but I am afraid not so much in English. What I mean if there are bilingual people reading this is: "avanzar materia". It is when you are teaching a group of students  and you continue with your schedule teaching your students new things as you usually do. But yesterday we had a strike here in Spain against the education cuts and a new law and some students wanted to ask me if we we going to learn any new things while most students were on strike. I couldn �t think of an exact word which could mean the same as in Spanish. Can you help me, please?
Thanks in advance
Yolanda

10 May 2013      

florimago
Spain

Hi, Yolanda : I can just think of " make progress on work or a lesson ". Good night Flori

10 May 2013     

Yolandaprieto
Spain

Any more ideas?
Yolanda

11 May 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

definitely not my call but from a previous post I think I got the idea, so how about "we �ll procede with/build on what has already been studied"?

Sophia

11 May 2013     

Jayho
Australia

Ditto as per Sophia - what about "Let �s do revision today". That�s what I say when only half the class turn up.

11 May 2013