Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WOD for the weekend of 11.5.2013    

WOD for the weekend of 11.5.2013

edrodmedina
United States

WOD for the weekend of 11.5.2013

Thank you Iciar for the honor of being chosen as the winner of the WOD game. I came across the following word and found it interesting Cattywampus. So friends, let �s see the funny, interesting and or amusing daffynitions you can come up with. Remember we don �t want the real meaning but one inspired by the word. Ed

10 May 2013      

dutchboydvh
Singapore

A feline hit man(cat)

11 May 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

A cattywampus is a mythical creature which has the head and tail of a cat and the body of a slim, prissy  Victorian woman. Folklore has it that they would appear after you lost a loved one, to comfort you. They mewl and purr and roll around on the floor. Essentially good, they turn nasty very quickly if you pull their tail. But since you have to lift their skirt to find it, it �s not surprising. 

11 May 2013     

sarguero
Spain

Cattywampus refers to the addiction to squeeze pimples, blackheads, sebaceous cysts....

First time I heard this word, was at the dermatologist when the sadistic nurse treating my acne, said: 

"Cathy wants pus.... more and more pus"  Confused

11 May 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

Cattywampus is wampum (Native American money) paid to Europeans by Native Americans in order to purchase a tame cat.

11 May 2013     

Iciar
Spain

Don�t you know the famous limerick about the cattywampus?

CATTYWAMPUS LIMERICK

There was a wampus cat

who was as little as a rat.

So tiny and pompous,

when he went to the campus.

a guardian called him cattywampus.

11 May 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@sarguero. Eugh! Yuck!LOL

12 May 2013