Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > just unfair!!!!    

just unfair!!!!

nazahzah
Tunisia

just unfair!!!!

i feel just disgusted that many of my worksheets were reported for watermarked clipart;the  principle of sharing is your motto and you put a rule to limit it;i �am more disgusted for the time it takes me to check that i have normal clippart and end up with removed points; i feel most disgusted for being so addicted to the site and look for a cure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 May 2013      

marie-nieto
France

something similar happened to me. I had posted a regular exercise with questions and activities and I �ve been said I broke the rules of the website and then they threaten me to delete my account... So do it! whatever.... I �m so disgusted.

12 May 2013     

ELOJOLIE274
France

are "unfair" and "disguted" the right words?
last year, I also had several of my worksheets reported because of matermarked cliparts, but I didn �t complain, I only asked why they had been reported and when a moderator told me about the watermark I apologized, removed the wrong cliparts and uploaded my worksheets again, no harm done... did I loose point? maybe but that was no one �s fault but mine...
if we don �t respect copyright laws, this fantastic website might disappear, is it what you want, "addicted" as you are? all the documents your shared here belong to you, would you like it if I were to upload them on an other website and pretend they were mine? what �s exactly why some cliparts are watermarked: the websites that share them "created" them ( or paid for them) and they put a watermark so no one can use them for free...

12 May 2013     

joy2bill
Australia

Guys, don �t get upset! It is illegal for anyone to use watermarked images and as we are responsible, honest teachers we have no choice but to follow the rules no matter how frustrating.
if you want free usuable images just search for websites which can be found in past forum posts.
No one is here to be mean. We just have to abide by the rules of publishing!
Cheers
Joy

12 May 2013     

marie.marron
Spain

As I recall from some other threads about the same topic, site was almost shot down because of a watermarked image. So it �s as simple as this: either we follow the rules or the site maight be closed. 

Many users post almost daily free clipart sites on the forum (you can find some here, here or here), then there is Phillipe Martin �s page or you can just google them.

12 May 2013     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Uhhh, and I am disgusted by your attitude!

What �s so speacial about you that you dare to send such a thread on the main page? There are members with much more points whose wss have been removed because of watermarked images and they have never complained. If you read the rules properly, your wss wouldn �t be removed, would they? Or should this great site be closed because of people like you who breach the rights of the authors of the images? I don �t think so!

So calm down, read the rules and there will be no problem anymore.

12 May 2013     

alex076
Italy

@ MJ Misa (Michaela)  Clap  Clap  Clap

12 May 2013     

bjimpel
Spain

Hi, my husband has been removed from the web for not following rules and he feels really sad... He asked and sent several messages asking why his worksheets wer being removed but he didn �t have answer, and he would like to have Access again since he has spent too much time workink on the web, that �s the reason Im writing, asking whom I should send a message or how could he been accepted again since he �s looking forward to being a member again. Thanks in advance.

12 May 2013     

anaram
Spain

The principle of sharing limited?

You say: "the  principle of sharing is your motto and you put a rule to limit it"
I�d just like to point out that you can only share what really belongs to you or is freely shared by others.

The rules of the site are clearly stated and you have to accept them every time you upload your work. As for this particular rule, it is not a site�s rule, it�s a universal rule protecting private property.

Of course nobody likes being reported, and I think most of us have some time or other but there�s no harm, as ELOJOLIE274 says. That way we keep improving.

So, calm down and try again.

Have a good Sunday all of you.

Ana

12 May 2013     

elderberrywine
Germany

How incredibly childish ... don �t your students have to obey rules and laws? Don �t we all?
What on earth is UNFAIR about making others respect rules that are necessary to keep this site running?

12 May 2013     

Jayho
Australia

You have uplaoded a wonderful selection of worksheets to share but surely you read the page of rules that is basically in your face each time you go to upload.

It clearly says:

•  You can use free images from cliparts or other free sources. You can also use images that you have subscribed to and paid for.

• You can�t publish any document including pictures or contents taken from iclipart.com, since it �s against their terms of use.

• Worksheets containing watermarked cliparts are not allowed and will be removed from now on.

• Please, don �t use pictures taken from other ESL websites or books, even if you add your own exercises.

•  
    I really can �t understand what is unfair or disgusting about these rules that we all must abide by but if these rules are not your cup of tea then you are welcome to go elsewhere.  No one is forcing you to stay.

12 May 2013     

1    2    Next >