Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Comenius trip suggestions    

Comenius trip suggestions

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Comenius trip suggestions

Hello everyone. Next week, I am going on a Comenius trip to Budapest and Kosice. I will be with a group of colleagues from six different countries and of course, my aim will be to show them this wonderful site and get them to join up. I am expected to take a small gift for the headteachers of the two secondary schools I will be based in. Have you got any suggestions? Do you think they would like a jar of marmite and some Yorkshire tea? Any better suggestions?   

13 May 2013      

yanogator
United States

I might be offending everyone in the UK with this reply, but I recommend that you not take them a jar of marmite.

Bruce

13 May 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@Bruce - fair enough LOL !!! Actually though, I love it myself. 

13 May 2013     

anaram
Spain

I agree with Bruce.
As it is a work visit, I would take a souvenir they can have in the office, such as a pencil holder, a pen or  a writing pad, with a picture from one of the lovely sites in Yorkshire.
Yorkshire tea is fine, but not everybody likes tea and some people have very restrictive tastes.

Ana

13 May 2013     

MJ_Misa
Czech Republic

Well, and what about a jar of maple syrup? Honestly, it �s quite expensive in our countries and I love it myself so I belive they would too. Wink 

13 May 2013     

manonski (f)
Canada

Maple syrup? It �s expensive in my country and we produce it!  But it �s very good. This is something I willingly splurge on. I can �t have "pole syrup" anymore. (That �s the nickname we give to syrup that does not come from maple trees)

13 May 2013     

Iciar
Spain

I see a  problem with maple syrup... You either take it in your luggage, but if it breaks you can get all your clothes terribly sticky or... take it in you hand luggage, but it counts as a liquid, so you can only take a jar of 100 ml, otherwise it will be removed. Honestly, I wouldn�t take maple syrup or marmite... Not even anything edible. Why don�t you take some nice placemats and coasters? or a 2014 callendar with lovely pictures of Yorkshire? (if you can find one, it might be too early).

13 May 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I �d go with a souvenir as well:) Something British:) I love the idea of tea, especially if it �s in a cute tin box:)
One of my colleages brought me a key holder from London with the view of the city and I love it. A key holder for a headmaster of a school would not probably be a good idea but I just mentioned it to support my suggestion of a souvenir:)
Sophia

13 May 2013     

Jayho
Australia

I recommend something that all staff can benefit from, provided the head teachers wish to share.  Something like a nice decorative tin with a  collection of typical British confectionary/chocolates for staff to share and where the tin can be used for something else afterwards.

Cheers

Jayho

13 May 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Great suggestions, thank you. I �m going with tea in a fancy tin and biscuits - in a fancy tin.

Lynne

14 May 2013