Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Help with links    

Help with links

edrodmedina
United States

Help with links

Hello friends. I �m trying to make a PowerPoint slide so that I can consolidate links to certain websites I �d like my students to visit. I �m wondering if it is possible to link the sites to a picture on the slide. For instance if I have a picture of a child reading, can I link that picture let �s say to ESLprintables? And how can it be done? Ed

23 May 2013      

MoodyMoody
United States

I haven �t tried it myself, but I found these directions on the Microsoft website: Create a hyperlink to a page or file on the Web 1.In Normal view, select the text or the object that you want to use as a hyperlink. 2.On the Insert tab, in the Links group, click Hyperlink. 3.Under Link to, click Existing File or Web Page, and then click Browse the Web Button image. 4.Locate and select the page or file that you want to link to, and then click OK.

23 May 2013     

edrodmedina
United States

Thanks Moody. I �ll give it a go. Ed
Edit: Thanks again Moody, it worked perfectly.

23 May 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

If there �s no appropriate tutorial here on ESLP, I usually go to YouTube and search for that specific tutorial there. E.g "hyperlinking a picture in PPT/PPTX"
Sophia

23 May 2013     

douglas
United States

Simply right-click on the picture,
select "hyperlink" from menu,
and select the link from "visited websites" tab.

24 May 2013