Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > I wish    

I wish

Damielle
Argentina

I wish

Let�s revise the "I wish" structure:

We use wish + past simple to express that we want a situation in the present (or future) to be different.

examples:
I wish I could update my printables because of a missing picture in the previous one.
I wish I could upload my new worsheet.
I wish I didn�t see this message:

Persits.Jpeg.1 error �800a0002�

The system cannot find the file specified.

/send_printables/sendprintableswait.asp, line 114

Are you having the same problem?
Are you experiencing some trouble to log in and surf the site or is it just my computer?

BTW: is it correct to use the verb in the negative form in this example?
I wish I didn�t see this message

28 Jan 2009      

chobby
Mexico

Dear Damielle:
I think it is correct to use wish with a negative because you are using another pronoun afterwards is like when you say: I wish you wouldn�t do that to the kids for example, in my humble opinion,
That�s strange you wouldn�t be able to alterate your own worksheets I had done it in the past and I didn�t have any trouble, BTW thanks for sendind the picture, I was able to change the picture no problem at all,
CheersSmile

28 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

I have also updated some but now I can�t, chobby

28 Jan 2009     

GIOVANNI
Canada

Hi Damielle:

It�s not your computer.  It�s the system.  I am having the same problem.  I can�t upload.  Everything is slowwwwwwwwwwwwww.  Hopefully when Victor has time it will be resolved.  He generally seems to get things done quickly.  As to your other question.  I would have used �I wish I hadn�t seen this picture.  That�s what sounds right to me.  Perhaps someone else can give you another opinion.

28 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Now it is working!!!

28 Jan 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, dear DAMIELLE
Smile, I wished you were not so stressed,

Is this correctWink
Yes, it is. Stress is something we must, we have to, we should, we ARE OBLIGEd to .......
let�s stress go by, slowly, .... don�t look at it, .... try to imagine... there is no stress, life is pink,...

you see what I mean???????????
I am stressed, I need your HAPPY POSTS, please,.... be kind, ...send a smile
tell me I am your best friend, tell me something "jollly".
Well, back to hard work, what if Victor decide to put away  everyone of us who comes to the forum to UnhappyCryAngryAngryDead

Helloooooooooo, Damielle,
have you got a good, a nice, a cosy pillow?
Well, for me it is time to go to bed. Put your head on a pink cosy pillow, forget bad things, relax, relax and then, TRY to relax.
Difficult???
My dear, how I understand you.
I used to say my country was going mad, but now, sometimes, only sometimes, I need to say, THIS PLANET IS GOING CRAZY.

A big, pinky kiss to you, hope you sleep well. Tomorrow is another day.
Hugs

28 Jan 2009     

Damielle
Argentina

Thanks Olindalima!!!

28 Jan 2009