Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Suggestions For Teacher Evaluations    

Suggestions For Teacher Evaluations

ESL
United States

Suggestions For Teacher Evaluations

Hi all-

Can I get some suggestions on what you do when you are being evaluated? Especially during the first few days of class?

Thanks in advance...

28 Jan 2009      

darryl_cameron
Hong Kong

I know its difficult but here are some things I do. Thjink of it as an opportunity to improve your lesson with critical feedback rather than a make or break you. Everyone has their own style and there is no 100% correct teaching.

1. Let the kids know whats going on, and ask them to try their best. (For younger kids I tell them that THEY are being evaluated haha)
2. Plan every minute (idle time can kill you and your discipline)
3. Keep it fast and active (the more active in my classes the better)
4. Most importantly (Most difficult too), have fun!

I believe if you love the kids you really cant go wrong in an evaluation.

28 Jan 2009     

natval
Greece

Being evaluated was part of getting my Diploma in Teaching English as foreign language to overseas students (RSA). The most important part was LESSON PLAN. You have to choose careful which skill(s) you intend to practice and then use or design some activities. You should decide on the time you�re going to spend on each activity and your aim. Don�t forget to include warm up. Pre (reading, writing, listening, speaking) as well as Post activities are essential and helpful in many ways. Keep in mind the level and the age of your students.

Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Good luck!

28 Jan 2009     

douglas
United States

Most important:  BE YOURSELF!

28 Jan 2009