Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day (WOD) Winner June 27, 2013    

Word of the Day (WOD) Winner June 27, 2013

douglas
United States

Word of the Day (WOD) Winner June 27, 2013

So the revival of the WOD has brought me great pleasure--you got creative and showed some of your wild sides and at the same time we could learn a little bit.

For example (according to your posts):

"nip"-can mean an alcoholic drink, to steal, to stop, cold (nippy), something to pierce (nipple), or the French version of PIN (personal identification number).

"pogo"- can be a stick that you hop up and down on, a dance, a jungle tribe, or even the Project On Government Oversight.  But the one that really stirred some melancholy and nostalgia was Bruce�s reference to Pogo the Possum. 

As a child Pogo was one of my favorite comic characters and I hadn�t thought about him in years.  The comic was way ahead of its time in addressing political and environmental issues.  So thanks to Bruce (Yanogator), our WOD WINNER of the day, you all can now go back and experience Pogo and his friends� adventures in the Okefenokee Swamp of Georgia--highly recommended!

Congrats Bruce!

Thank you to everybody for contributing,
Douglas

27 Jun 2013