Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Techniques and methods in Language Teaching > New classroom layout ?    

New classroom layout ?

chalco
France

New classroom layout ?

Hi everyone,
I am thinking of changing my classroom �s layout for next year but I don �t quite know what to do yet. 
How is your classroom organized ?
Do you have any suggestions for me ?
Thanks for your answers.

27 Jun 2013      

GIOVANNI
Canada

I teach English Immersion and because the students are with me all day, I have my class as a square.  I find it much easier when the students are able to see one another.

27 Jun 2013     

mattheuschacon
Brazil

I usually try to keep a U shape when organising the layout of my classroom as a way of keeping them closer to me (I keep my own chair in the middle of the U, always going back and forth and round). Of course this depends heavily on the number of students you have and the size of your classroom. 

Also, in special lessons like revisions, where they �ll basically do individual and pair work, I have the desks previously set in pairs to avoid distractions. :D

27 Jun 2013     

chalco
France

actually, I can have up to 30 students in my classroom. It is currently set in a double U (a big exterior one and a smaller one in the hollow part of the big U ... so definitely they are not all facing each other ! ... 

28 Jun 2013     

MarionG
Netherlands

I also like the double u....... It enables me to have eye contact with each student.
It also allows all to see me/ the board/ the projection and it still allows then to relate to each other, work in pairs etc.
I teach heterogenous classes so I usually have the kids who need more attention in the inner u which is easier for me to reach. since the inner u is quite small, I can even explain something again to all 8 kids sitting there.

28 Jun 2013