Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > What ´s your favourite book(s) for Esl tweens and teen? Plesse ADD YOURS!     

What ´s your favourite book(s) for Esl tweens and teen? Plesse ADD YOURS!

pameladion24
Canada

What ´s your favourite book(s) for Esl tweens and teen? Plesse ADD YOURS!

I came across these two books that are interesting, but also have simple straight forward  vocabulary: 

Grade 5-6: Labyrinth�s Door  (Story of a girl who dreams of being a great warrior) It has a good adventure story and  beautiful illustrations.

to view online:

Ages 12 -15: Snow Ball by Kerry Sparks ( The dance is coming up and girls get to invite the boys, there is also a fashion show coming up!)

read it free onine

Extract:

�I wanted to ask Scott Parker!� I cried like a baby.

�But he�s my paperboy!� protested Lindy.

True. He did have a paper route in Lindy�s neighborhood. Technically, she did see him first. UGH! Why did there have to be all these rules when it came to liking boys? Wouldn�t life just be so much easier if you could just like who you wanted to like?

�Whatever,� I said, giving up.

Lindy had a look of satisfaction on her face like she had just won a card game and sack full of money. She said absolutely nothing for five minutes. Finally, I said something.

�Well, at least think of somebody for me,� I said.

�Ok, but I need some time to think,� she pondered, putting her pencil�s eraser in her mouth.

�Think fast. We have only three weeks,� I said.

Now add your  book suggestions.....

28 Jun 2013      

EstherLee76
Peru

Great idea! "Lemony Snicket" is a fun book with accesible vocabulary for that age group.

28 Jun 2013