Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Stolen Work and Copyright Infringement    

Stolen Work and Copyright Infringement

Zora
Canada

Stolen Work and Copyright Infringement

Hi there,

First things first, I have just been in contact with the site that Almaz offered us and the owner has responded right away to my email.

http://www.teachersnotebook.com/shop/Hernigian1

I had to provide him with links to work (not only David´s was there, I found other people´s too) that was taken from the site and match it to a link on his site. I was able to find 4 stolen worksheets and sent them as proof. What I would like is for people to take a look at the site and see if any of their work is on it and send me a message with:
a) the link to the stolen worksheet
b) the link to the worksheet here on ESLPrintables

I am not sure that people are aware how serious it can be for the owner of a site who is selling, even if it �s unknown to him/her, work that has been stolen or plagarised. So please, if you ever see your work or other people �s, please report it to the site where you´ve seen it on.

Thanks,
Linda

Update!!

Steve Esemplare, the owner of the site, has contacted me and asked me to contact Susana and David (which I have done now) - the two affected - and have them contact him with a letter stating that their work was indeed stolen. After he has these letters, he can shut down the account and ban Hernan. So if anyone else is affected, please let me know and I will forward his email and details to you.

8 Jul 2013      

anitarobi
Croatia

Thanks for letting us know, Linda. I looked briefly, but found none of mine (perhaps I should be offendedWink). I got David �s message as well, and it seems the person �s blog is blocked, because Google wouldn �t access it for me. I guess there is nothing else to do, but fight that way. 
As for this person not knowing the work was stolen or plagiarised.... sorry, but, in my opinion, if you didn �t make it, then it �s not yours, right?
Let �s hope people become honest and respectful of others!
hugs
Anita 

8 Jul 2013     

Zora
Canada

Somebody must have reported him to Wordpress.com. I was on the site earlier and I was going to contact them but I got sidetracked. All I can say is �thank you � to whoever reported him to the site.

And as to the person not knowing.... all I can say is �bollocks �! That person is a teacher and a teacher knows just what plagiarism is and how wrong it is. He knew but just didn �t care and to make things worse - he was selling the work to make money off of it... that �s the worst part, in my opinion. Sorry, I hate people who take advantage of others like this.Angry

8 Jul 2013     

maryse pey�
France

Unfortunately it perfectly works for me !!! Let �s know this to Victor.

As the webmaster he knows where to warn to block the cheater !

8 Jul 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

This one looks very familiar as well, do you know whose it is, Linda?
Sophia

8 Jul 2013     

Zora
Canada

The link to the site on his blog has been blocked, not his blog.

I am also afraid that the �let Victor deal with it � mentality shouldn �t be the road that we always take. If you see something wrong report it, Victor isn �t here to protect us all the time and we are not children... we, as a family, need to protect each other and look out for each other.

For example, I saw something I didn �t think was right and wrote to the owner of the site, he was grateful and has offered to help. BUT he cannot just ban this person without proof - THAT can cause him legal problems too. He explained to me what he needs and I am forwarding that info to the people who were affected.

Victor has a life as well and is not always around, and I think that we do not need to bother him when we, ourselves, together can fix something.... It �s OUR work on here, not Victor �s, he has offered us a platform to publish our work but it �s up to us to look out for each other. At least that is my opinion. You do what �s right, you don �t let others do it for you that �s just complacency.

Sorry Maryse - I do not mean to take it out on you, please forgive me if it seemed like it. I am angry and I hate to hear - let somebody else deal with it. I saw my city flooded out, places I grew up underwater and places I loved destroyed this summer. I wanted to go back  and help out, I couldn �t but I have done everything in my power to help out all I could from where I am. I am so damn proud at what my friends are doing to help out back home and I have been humbled and thrown back into �help out when needed � mode. I refuse to let myself become jaded and let others hurt or take advantage of friends or family. I was growing complacent and a bit jaded and seeing my city pull together when a lot was lost has made me realise that one person can and always will make a difference to somebody somewhere.

8 Jul 2013     

maryse pey�
France

Dear Zora,

If I am able to help people suffering from natural disasters (I mean cleaning or help in any other possible means) my knowledge in computing is really basic, I �m afraid !

You are perfectly right : Victor has his life and we are a family. I am not at all offended by what you said. I am just perfectly honest with myself asking people knowing more than me in fields I am not able to deal with further than making a worksheet, a very basic powerpoint for example. I have tried several times to make an exercise online and all my tryings were a failure until now... And I am really grateful to people like you knowing much more than I do in the so complex system of computing.

My heart is with people suffering in Canada, I think of flooded areas but also with the railway disaster.

Thanks for being a member so active and with a knowledge more important than mine in computing.

Hugs.

Maryse.

8 Jul 2013     

almaz
United Kingdom

Linda, I �ve reported the guy everywhere I could - including Wordpress, by the way - but, because I �m old-fashioned enough to prefer to stay under the (NSA) radar, I �m not that happy to give out my personal info and email address willy-nilly. I �d urge people who �re perhaps not quite as cyber-squeamish to report this piece of dross as much and as often as they can, wherever they can.

By the way, I just had another look at his blog and the picture titled "Me with my 4th Graders at an elementary school in Buenos Aires..."  Using the indefinite article here (why can �t he name it?) is a bit of a red flag. Do any of our Argentinian colleagues recognise the school, or the teacher on the left? In fact, does anyone recognise Hernan/Tano?

8 Jul 2013     

manonski (f)
Canada

This sheet has been copied: 
The original: http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=654563#thetop. 

On his account:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Logic-ELA-Game-4-About-Me-Elementary-Level-with-KEY-546414

8 Jul 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I finally found it, so this one is copied from mada_1 from here
If you�re wondering why I�m doing this, to alert other users and to provide more proof.
Edit: here�s more
this one is copied from bassole sandrine from here
this game is copied from robirimini from here

8 Jul 2013     

anitarobi
Croatia

Good work, Sophia. You must have hawk eyes - I have been trying to notice sth for the last hour or so, but my eyes are so tired now, that nothing works. Things are so neatly packed with colourful covers which actually hide the contents well, so you have to check each visible ws, and we can �t see them all - I �ve seen some advertised as having several dozen pages, but the preview only shows 3-4, so who knows what else is inside.

8 Jul 2013     

1    2    Next >