Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > A wonderful way to Teach English even while disciplining students that really works!    

A wonderful way to Teach English even while disciplining students that really works!

pameladion24
Canada

A wonderful way to Teach English even while disciplining students that really works!

We all have to deal with a cranky, over excited, ...  student every once in awhile. 

I have modified the rhyme: 1 potato, 2 potatoes, 3 potatoes  4, 5 potatoes, 6 potatoes, 7 potatoes more.

1 have replaced 4 and more by: 

Door (When I want a student to go relax in the hallway)

Floor (When I want students to sit down and be quiet: For example when they are in a line up)

SOR-ry (When outside or elsewhwere or when they are getting too noisy: Like when you sayYou�re gonna be sorry! They know I will stop pair or team work or that they�ll get extra homework to do at home if they do not quiet down. 

It gives students time to hear and choose to listen (or not). Also, using the word potato makes the process a lot less stressful for me and less menacing for the student (Parents ask their kids if they ate any potatoes today) However, you still must stay firm and be constant, of course, in whatever disciplinary method you choose to use. 

Thetford Mines, Qu�, Can
(I am originally from PEI (Prince Edward Island) that explains the potatoes, I guess!) 

4 Aug 2013      

helena2009
Hungary

Great idea! Thank you.

5 Aug 2013