Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Is it very hard to say "Thanks"?    

Is it very hard to say "Thanks"?

Anna P
Brazil

Is it very hard to say "Thanks"?

Before uploading a template we read Victor �s wise words:

If you use this template to make your own worksheets, don �t forget to acknowledge the source!  

However, almost every day I see people using templates without acknowledging the hardworking members who prepared them.  I don �t know.  I must be getting old to let this kind of kind bother me. 

11 Oct 2013      

ELOJOLIE274
France

you �re not getting old, because i �ve been feeling the same way (although I don �t ALWAYS recognize whose template it is...) - however, have you considered that maybe it �s not the 1st time they used this particular template and thus don �t feel the need to say thanks again (that �s what I do :( I say thanks the 1st time I use it, but not again after that... but maybe i �m as bad as the others then...)

what upsets me more though is when people download your ws a lot and you only get a couple of thank you �s - i admit i �m a sucker for thank you �s especially because i can see the flags of the people who downloaded my work and say "maybe they �ll use my document in Japan, Germany, Brazil etc..."

have a nice week-end :) here it �s 6:30 AM on Saturday Morning, i have NO idea why I woke so early :( my husband is not even up yet although he leaves for work in an hour...

Elodie

11 Oct 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

I used to occasionally write a pm as a reminder to such users whenever I came across such a contribution. Some of them took head but some just told me off.
I decided I can �t let such things bother me anymore, I can �t change people who are set in their ways and unappriciative or too busy. And telling them again what is so clearly written in red where the template is found is just a waste of my time. 
So, next time keep your shirt on and find something better to do:)
Sophia

12 Oct 2013