Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > errors in do/does/did/will exercise    

errors in do/does/did/will exercise

douglas
United States

Go a way, you obviously don�t understand (nor fit) the spirit and intent of this site.  

I know this sounds very hard and rude, but I have no tolerance for people who, in their first post to the forum, openly insult so many good people that work so hard to provide FREE materials. 

It is very courageous of these non-native speakers to upload something and expose themselves to potential ridicule or what not--they should be admired, not discouraged.

Cheers,
Douglas 

17 Oct 2013     

monder78
Poland

To my mind, everbody tries to be perfect but sometimes we are not able to be perfectionists, especially non-native speakers. Personally, If I come across a mistake I simply correct it and the last thing I could do would be pointing out the mistake to the author.I find it really tactless. Besides there are plenty of other similar pages you can use if you like. Sadly , when you compare their contents you will easily notice the quality and contents are much lower. By the way, the word error means the word which is totally uncorrectable and a mistake can be easily corrected. Just to inform you there are errors even in dictionaries , especially those published outside the English-speaking countries. Once I encountered voiviodship ( in the UK it is the equivalent of country, whereas my country is divided into regions and the author of the dictionary simply meant the word region but tried to create a word which sounds quite similar to the Polish ear ). I am pretty sure the word means nothing to a native speaker.It was coined by some people and was put in a language dictionary.So don �t blame non-native teachers that they make mistakes, yes mistakes not errors. As long as you �re able to correct them they are called mistakes. Don �t call them errors. As far as I am concerned , I am grateful to many native speakers from this site who make an effort to answer my vocabulary queries from time to time. They have helped me so many times that thanks to them my English is constantly improving. I can trust them more than dictionaries. I mean not English -English dictionaries but those English- another language. If you don �t know a word you almost never stand a chance of checking its meaning in English -English dictionaries.Then you have no choice and look up a new word in those imperfect foreign language -English dictionaries. To sum up, don�t be offended and don�t offend others, especially don�t mention somebody�s name. That�s not fair. :)

17 Oct 2013     

joy2bill
Australia

Please non-native speakers...don �t take offence at such comments. We love your work. Okay sometimes I have to change a few things but at the end of the day, every worksheet I download saves me hours of work. They are all valuable in their own way, even if it �s just to provide another type of template for me to rearrange according to my needs.
I sometimes leave the mistakes to see if my students are able to spot them and correct them.
I too have had colleagues say that they won �t use ESL Printables because of the errors...ridiculous! I say it �s your loss! What can you expect for free?????

17 Oct 2013     

MoodyMoody
United States

In fact, when I mentioned an uncorrectable mistake, I was referring to a native English speaker who has more points than I could ever dream of. It happens to everyone. The unknowingly offensive mistake was a non-native speaker, but in a recent caption contest, a native speaker used another word that many people would find offensive, not thinking about it. Many of the non-native authors are more careful than those of us who assume that we know everything about our language.

17 Oct 2013     

Enid Stella
South Africa

My comment would be - "Take what you like and leave the rest!!"

17 Oct 2013     

mariec
Spain

As a native, I�d like to thank all the non-natives for their for their hard work and marvellous worksheets. Wish I could come up with some work like theirs! How about you? Hope you are all having a lovely day!

17 Oct 2013     

mariec
Spain

My goodness! I�ve written "for their" twice (see how easy it is to make a mistake!)

17 Oct 2013     

donika
Poland

Like most of the comments read, we check the worksheets before we hand them out. Even course books sometimes have very subtle mistakes... It happens and no-ones judges anyone else about it. So chilax and correct whatever mistakes you found... I �m a South African teaching in Poland :-)

17 Oct 2013     

yanogator
United States

@donika,
Even course books sometimes have huge mistakes.

Bruce

17 Oct 2013     

yanogator
United States

@Dick-san
I hope you explain to your girlfriend that you are not a keeper. Tell her that you visited a website, trying to find free materials, and decided that the best thing you could do was to insult the members. She probably already knows this about you, but she should be reminded.

17 Oct 2013     

< Previous   1    2