Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > A2-B2 official exams    

A2-B2 official exams

navarrovizcaino
Spain

A2-B2 official exams

Hiya everyone!!

hope you are having a great weekend so far! 

I need some help with A2, B1 and B2 official exams. do you know any website where I can find updated information about the exams, the tasks, examples etc??? Im going to be teaching in Spain and I don �t know if the info is the same in every European country. 

It �s for my new job as I need to start with a diagnostic test and all the mocked exams i have found so far are all different  depending which part of the country i got them from, so i �m getting a bit confused! 

thanks very much in advance!!

20 Oct 2013      

ELOJOLIE274
France

in France we can �t really there is an official exam to validate one �s CEFR level...
when pupils end high school they have to pass an exam - the BAC - and depending on their section/options (general: scientific, economic, literature, or more specific options like graphic design, health, computer sicences etc...)
- they can have an oral (spoken production + spoken interaction) exam and/or a written (reading + writing) exam, as well as a listening test sometimes...
- Some pupils will have the exam at the end of the year and will be in front of a "jury" (a teacher who doesn �t know the pupils in front of him) and some will be assessed by their own teachers during the school year...
- some pupils are expected to have reached C1, B2 or even B1, depending on what option they are in and what skill the exam is on...

it �s actually very confusing for teachers and for pupils...

i �ve uploaded a few documents to evaluate my pupils � levels in different skills - especially Listening and reading, maybe you should have a look at them and see if it can help you...

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=706659#thetop

http://www.eslprintables.com/printable.asp?id=704299#thetop

hope it helps a little...

20 Oct 2013     

navarrovizcaino
Spain

thanks a lot!

20 Oct 2013     

paugaliza
Spain

Hi!

I prepare my students for the Cambridge English Exams: http://www.cambridgeenglish.org/exams-and-qualifications/

20 Oct 2013     

ELOJOLIE274
France

@paugaliza, the link you provided is interesting but there are no mocked test, right? 

20 Oct 2013     

aitthor
Spain

Hi!

Which kind of exams are you going to prepare, Cambridge ESOL exams or State Language Schools exams? In the Cambridge ESOL website, you can find a sample of an exam for each level. They usually upload the complete exam but sometimes they just include some parts. What exactly do you need?

20 Oct 2013     

navarrovizcaino
Spain

I need the EOI official tests for A2, B1 and B2. I used to prepare for cambridge ones but i got a new job and they will be taking the language school �s ones. i checked online and i realised they are exactly the same and i panicked.. as im supposed to do the diagnostic tests this week which will be like the proper exams but without the speaking if we dont have the time!! i �ve checked in different EOI websites and im got a bit confused as they are all different.. they isn �t a general test for the whole country. thats why i asked for help...

20 Oct 2013     

aitthor
Spain

I see what you �re going through. For the EOIs, exams are divided in four parts as the fours skills (listening, speaking, reading and writing). Although the level is the same and some parts can included similiar activities, EOI �s exams and Cambridge ESOL exams are very different. I taught students to prepare both types, and the best idea is to take a look at different EOI �s website. They always include exams from past years for students to have an idea what the exam looks like for each level. The school also include a student �s guide with the instructions for the exams at different levels, requirements, types of activities for each skills, etc. If you can �t find the exams at the EOI �s website, another place to look for is at the Consejer�as de Educaci�n websites. They usually have a sections for EOIs. Each autonomous community plans and organises their exams in their own way. Madrid �s exams are very similar to Cambridge ESOL structure in the activities, but Andalusia is more different. I hope I answered your question. Wrote me back if you need any help

20 Oct 2013     

navarrovizcaino
Spain

thanks a million everyone!!!!

22 Oct 2013