Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Listening resources    

Listening resources

s.lefevre
Brazil

Listening resources

Dear colleagues,

I would like to suggest something about the listening worksheets. Authors, please include a link to the listening activities in the worksheet. If it �s only in the description, it gets lost.

I think worksheets without a link shouldn �t be accepted. They are useless a waste of time.

There is something else. It would be nice if Victor could include a space behind the item "it �s not an esl resource". If there were a blank space, we could justify why we don �t think it �s an ESL resource. Now we have to go to the moderator �s page and leave a message. What do you think?

22 Oct 2013      

ELOJOLIE274
France

I second your proposal!

maybe there should be a "new rule" saying that if we send a listening (or reading) activity, we HAVE TO provide a link to the document used in this activity...
i �ve downloaded several documents with no link and tried to contact their authors, and sometimes I got a quick answer, and sometimes no answer at all... but it �s really annoying to have no other way but to wait for the author �s answer IMHO...

22 Oct 2013     

maryse pey�
France

Hi dear,

I think you are right. If a file is about an audio document and that we have not the access to this audio file we can �t use it. As for the documents about a film or a video document. The problem is the same. How can we use a written file without the basic audio or video ?

And yes, I think it would be easier for us to have a direct space where to write our reason to reporting the document.

22 Oct 2013     

omarengteacher
Peru

But now there is the careful issue of copyright.

I mean... can we put a link saying, for example, from "rongchang"? Are moderators going to say it �s a copy from activities found on that page? 

I prefer posting songs (actually I �ve posted just one song :P) and it �s up to the person who downloads the material to see where the song can be found / played.

22 Oct 2013     

Aldona 777
Russian Federation

What if native speakers recorded some texts from time to time?

THAT WOULD BE SO NICE!

22 Oct 2013     

chuppacricri
France

Habibb, at least Tunisian teachers should say that it comes from a tape only available in their country, so that non-Tunisian teachers won �t spend their points downloading those worksheets. This site is international so I don �t really see the point of uploading worksheets that only a few can actually use.

22 Oct 2013     

s.lefevre
Brazil

If you can �t provide a link, the document can �t be considered a listening activity if we have nothing to listen to.

22 Oct 2013     

ELOJOLIE274
France

omarengteacher: i �ve posted listening activities/ws about documents I found on the web - on youtube, on elllo.org etc... - and none were reported because i didn �t LIE about my sources: I said where to find the audio document AND i created my own exercises/activites...
as teachers we SHOULD give our pupils authentic documents when we can (and if the level of our pupils is sufficient obviously) and that would be impossible if we respected every copyright laws i �m afraid...
no songs in class, no videos/films/documentaries as well etc... unless our schools pay for them...
in France, no headmaster will agree to pay for the right to use a song or a video once, maybe twice in the school year... sometimes we buy DVDs if all the teachers decide they will need it - for example, if we agree we all want to do a lesson about global warming, we �ll probably buy the DVD "An Inconvenient Truth", but we �ll buy the one with the private license (it �s cheaper, and can be bought anywhere), so technically we won �t have the right to show it in class! that �s crazy, right???

habibb: don �t you have a sharing website for tunisian teachers only?
because the point of this website is to share our documents with every teacher, no matter where they are from, no matter the language they speak at home... and if you share a listening ws without the link to the audio file, it �s as if you were sharing a document containing several words in Tunisian: most of us won �t be able to use and thus it �s useless for the majority of members...

and it �s not about being strict, it �s about making sure the documents here are useful for everyone...
have a look at the 2 listening ws i uploaded this week-end, would you download them if you didn �t know where to get the audio files? would you be able to use them in class if you didn �t have the audio files?

22 Oct 2013     

piranhac
Tunisia

Even in Tunisia we are required to use authentic listening passages available only on Internet.The tapes available in Tunisia are only for lessons.

22 Oct 2013