Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > program to do your homework for you?    

program to do your homework for you?

MarionG
Netherlands

program to do your homework for you?

Hi all,
I have a question: Did anyone hear of a (hacked) program which allows you to scan in a worksheet and will then give you the answers?
One of the kids in our school claims he uses a hacked program that does just that. I find it hard to believe. I know there are programs which can convert an image to editable text, but I �ve never come accross a program that will actually give you the answers to worksheets you scan.
Does anyone know if such a thing exists? I have the feeling he �s making it up (and simply has his older brother help him at home), but hey, I �m over 40 and what do I know about technology, right?
Has anyone heard of such a program, does anyone think it is possible?

22 Oct 2013      

snowvampire
United Arab Emirates

Nah, never heard of such program, otherwise all of our students are going to use it to do their homeworks haha :D i believe he �s just making it up to impress you.

22 Oct 2013     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

never heard of it
I did hear from my students that they look for scanned pdfs of teacher �s books with keys to download from the net and help them cheat. Also they used to ruffle through the pages of the teacher �s book on my desk and take pics of answers to exercises with their smartphones while I was out of the room during the break. So they are pretty inventive when it comes to cutting a few corners:)

22 Oct 2013     

ELOJOLIE274
France

never heard of such a program either but had one pupil who scanned his homework assignments, uploaded them in a program (quite expensive to buy from what I understood) which sent (via internet) the documents to a "teacher" who did the assignment and then sent back the answers to the same program or to his email address... He was actually very proud of it until he got caught for having "perfect" answers all the time...
Technology, right?

Edit: this program - whose name I don�t remember - is usually used by university students if it helps...

22 Oct 2013     

MarionG
Netherlands

Elojolie,
That sounds like something this kid might mean.
I didn �t hear the full story (he is not my student, he is in my colleague �s class), just something about scanning the sheets into a program and getting the answers.
So you say you �ve heard about this?
Actually that isn �t even so far out technologically speaking. Each one of us could basically offer this service: have kids send us their worksheet and we give them the answers.(even basic printers come with a �scan to email � option)
Maybe that is a way to get rich quickly?

Sophia,
Photographing the teacher �s book with smartphones? that �s pretty inventive indeed!

22 Oct 2013     

ELOJOLIE274
France

I had heard about such programs when I worked in a college in Minnesota - at the time it was the ultimate "cheat" for those you could afford it...

but i was really surprised when with my colleagues we realized one of our high shool pupils was probably using something very similar... it didn �t take long to add 1 and 1: a very average pupil who wasn �t really a star pupil nor a brilliant mind when it came to passing evaluations VS his perfect homework assignments, always complete, that looked like a teacher had written it rather than a 15-year-old...
from what I understood, the program asked him what type of subject it was (French, English, Biology, Maths...) to send it to the right person... I think he paid a monthly fee for this service but there was also an option to just for one assignment...

22 Oct 2013     

MarionG
Netherlands

Thank you for your reply. I have the feeling we �ve got something similar on our hands just that we �re talking about a kid still in primarly school!!!
Funny thing is that he actually is able to do the work on his own. From what I understand he is a fairly strong student. AND, our school being an experimental school, we never have any grades/tests so there is no real reason for him to use a service like this....
I think it is more �the kick � of knowing you �re able to cheat. An "I outsmarted the teacher" kind of kick.

23 Oct 2013     

Peter Hardy
Australia

I �ve heard of software that can determine if essays etcetera are taken off the internet (plagiarism). So why would there not be something similar for homework? Or your kid(s) may use a website like: Cheating on Homework & Essays - School Cheater - EU.org schoolcheater.int.eu.org/ homework/‎ How to use only the internet as a resource for doing homework projects/essays. Even a way to make a bibliography without going near a real book. Nice, isn �t it? And yes, they have a computer gene that older people like teachers often miss. A good reason not to give any homework at all :-!

23 Oct 2013