Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > What is the English equivalent?    

What is the English equivalent?

zvonka.rink
Slovenia

What is the English equivalent?

Dear colleagues,

I would like to ask you for help- especially the native speakers.

Namely, I need an English expression for the "classes" that don �t take place at school but out in nature or elsewhere. In Slovenia such activities take usually a week, students are taken to a place (town, village, somewhere in nature) and they stay in a hostel or some other accommodation together with some teachers and other educators. They have outdoor activities such as hiking, skiing, exploring nature, etc. We call such classes "School in Nature" and I found the expression Outdoor Education on the Internet. Do you think this is the right expression for what I have in mind?

I would be really  grateful  for any suggestions or ideas.
Thank you in advance.

20 Nov 2013      

sunfloweryMeerkat
Poland

I found < field school >

20 Nov 2013     

sunfloweryMeerkat
Poland

or outdoor education/ outdoor school as well

20 Nov 2013     

dutchboydvh
Singapore

In the USA we would call this a �field trip �. Though most often field trips are just a day trip. For an extended stay, one could possibly use �camp �. As in �English Camp � or �Science camp �.

20 Nov 2013     

joy2bill
Australia

Generally down under we would use the word �camp � for overnight stays and �school trip � for day excursions.

21 Nov 2013