Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > transfering worksheets    

transfering worksheets

jamiejules
France

transfering worksheets

Hi,
I have been uploading ws from home using Word, so far so good.
At work I use open office draw!!! (my school doesn�t have the licence for word)
Is it possible to make a worksheet on open office draw and then transfer it to Word???
Any help welcome even if to tell me it is not possible!

2 Feb 2009      

naddya
Russian Federation

Hi, jamiejules!

I also use Open Office Writer. You can do whatever you want and then go to FILE - SAVE AS and �you should choose type of a file (Microsoft Word 97/ 2000 / XP)

2 Feb 2009     

dareka1
Japan

Hi,

�if I remember correctly, you can�t actually create a Word file on Open Office (at least I couldn�t figure out how to do it on a cursory glance) but you can, however, open a Word file, change it to how you like and then save it again as a Word file.

So if you have Open Office, open a Word file, do what you want to it and then save it under a different name. Every time you want to make a Word file, just open that same original file up and save it as a different file.

�I hope that helps!

2 Feb 2009     

Lidiana73
Australia

Jamiejules...I used to have Open Office Writer and did as naddya suggested. Each time I saved or modified a file I would save it as an MS Word Document so I could use it on other PC�s or upload my lessons on Eslprintables.

2 Feb 2009     

jamiejules
France

Thank you all for your helpful comments.
I have had a try and it seems to works, cool!!!
thanx

2 Feb 2009