Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Caption Contest LAST CHANCE [plus the WINNER]    

Caption Contest LAST CHANCE [plus the WINNER]

alexcure
Poland

Caption Contest LAST CHANCE [plus the WINNER]

As my guests are still with us, I must prolong the contest ... but I will announce the winner tonight. Here are the latest comments:

I will be very hard to choose the winner as your comments are FANTASTIC!

The picture:

1 Dec 2013      

isa2
Austria

I wish I was a water bear.

explanation:
Water bears, also known as tardigrades, can survive boiling, freezing, the vacuum of space and years of desiccation.

1 Dec 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I don �t really like bears; nasty, bad-tempered creatures, but this one looks so sweet! What sort is it and what on earth is it doing sitting there? Does anybody know?

1 Dec 2013     

isa2
Austria

Hi Lynne,

This is a brown bear. There are several subspecies,  among them the North American grizzly and the Kodiak, an especially big kind of brown bear.
The bear in the photo is definitely sitting in the middle of the river to catch salmon, trout or other fish.

1 Dec 2013     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Thank you, isa2. I hope he got lucky!

1 Dec 2013     

alexcure
Poland

Dear colleagues, 

your mixture of wit, enthusiasm and poetic verses ;-) is marvellous! I absolutely loved ALL the captures.... and to choose the winner I had to "employ" my husband. Here is the set of comments which we liked the most:

- Alessandra �s: "I can �t BEAR icy-cold water!!! "
- persie �s: "Hey Teddy! How much longer are you gonna pretend to be a frog? Fish are forgetful not blind! Find better ways to hunt, man. " Indeed, the bear is a bit "frogy". 
- MoodyMoody �s: "What a "grizzly" situation!"
-  Sophia �s: "The Canadian version of the Mermaid on the Rock."
- Lynne �s"The red bear is looking for salmon
And his name is Ricky Ramon
He squats on a stone
Hungry and alone
Hoping to end his long famine. 

But he�s �barking up the wrong tree�
As anyone looking can see
That river is too hot
So salmon there are not
Maybe he should head for the sea."

- GAZA_CHILD �s:"TO BEAR or NOT TO BEAR" That is the CAPTION"

BUT Jayho �s caption wins: "I find these rock concerts unbearably uncomfortable, sitting like this on my bare bottom on a stone cold rock"!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS JAYHO!!!!!

1 Dec 2013