Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Name-It contest    

Name-It contest

mohamedthabet
Tunisia

Name-It contest

Thankyou MoodyMoody for declaring my entree winner. I �ve been looking for a picture to post for more than 2 hours and finally choose this picture. I hope members willing to take part in the contest could fancy some wrong but reasonable use for the tool in the picture and then invent its name. I look forward to your "name-it" posts.

25 Jan 2014      

MoodyMoody
United States

Obviously I can �t win this time, but I �ll play because I like to play. It looks like a cheese board to me, or a caesolignam. (caeso - cheese, lignam - wood)

25 Jan 2014     

sarguero
Spain

Have you got those ugly hairs on your legs? Use DEPILEG the ultimate sensation

25 Jan 2014     

isa2
Austria

sarguero:  Clap

25 Jan 2014     

isa2
Austria

Archaeologists found this burial object in a grave of a noble Celtic lady. It is an ADUFLOGGER, an instrument that the deceased can use to punish her wordly husband for adultery when he joins her in the afterworld. The handle obviously increases the  intensity of the flogging as the instrument cannot slip from the beater�s hand while in action. Ouch

25 Jan 2014     

isa2
Austria

I still have another weird idea:

Zookeepers know it by the name ELEDROVATOR.
It is used to pick up giant elephant dung heaps.
ELE = elephant
DRO = droppings + VATOR = ending of elevator

26 Jan 2014