Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Miss Popularity    

Miss Popularity

kriszcsel
Romania

Miss Popularity

...and today�s title of Miss Popularity goes to Miss Noor from Saud Arabia!

Congratulations and welcome! Clap

4 Feb 2009      

Ivona
Serbia

Hey! How come i never got one! Shocked Last week i had 46 replies to my post!!
It�s not on, i tell you! Not on.
Expect a call from my lawyer! Cool

4 Feb 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

Unfortunately, while most teachers try hard to produce better worksheets in order to become premium members, a new person reached this goal in just one day � not by the quality of her work but by simply requesting that we download her printables.

I think that we did not provide a good message to the other new members here! Will they try their best or simply beg? It seems that with the second option they will become premium members faster.

I am sorry if I sound rude but I am really upset with this.

4 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Dear Anna, you have no reason to be upset. EYE have a reason to be upset because i never got the title! Smile

Laugh, Anna, laugh! It was all said tongue in cheek! Wink

4 Feb 2009     

Anna P
Brazil

I have just downloaded 2 wss made by new members.  One has only 1 point and the other one has only 2.  They did not ask and did not become premium members. Will they be laughing?  I feel more like crying!

4 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

To Anna

"A man is wise to give way to gaiety even at the expense of a grievance. A good grievance is highly enjoyable, but like a lot of other pleasures, it is bad for the liver."

said by my favourite book character, Gully Jimson ("The Horse�s Mouth", Joyce Cary)
I recommend the book to all �grievers�!

4 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Kriszcsel probably meant it to be a joke. I just followed.... Ahhhh, i just reread the message by Anna and saw what she meant by Miss Noor �reaching the goal�. It was not the title she meant, but Miss Noor becoming a premium member! Awwww, my apologies. But i still do think that Anna should smile and laugh at things! However bad they are. Anna, you must think of your liver!
I�d better get some sleep. Sleepy I�m not thinking straight. Wacko
Nite, nite ....

5 Feb 2009     

Olindalima ( F )
Portugal

Hi, you all.
I feel so sorry to see all these comments , now. Because some of you didn�t step ahead first, when she asked for help in a ,... such naive tone, so well educated ... You, Ladybird, were able to tell her what your opinion was ( that�s mine, too ), but you downloaded, you gave her a hand...
When we say this site is about sharing... that�s it ... share, share everything one has got, mostly share affection, love, tenderness.
She may be quite a Censored, but I felt she was wandering around completely lost.
there are many comments here which didn�t come up before and, my opinion, now they have arrived late. After a war no one needs a general.
Thanks Ladybird, I like your style, you say what you think, but , even so, you go round and you give a hand to someone in need.

And now you,Kriszcel, don�t be in such a hurry to make a joke about someone.
Next time, who knows, may be your turn.
Hugs to all of you and , to the special pretty , naive being who has just arrived
i bet on her, someone who speaks so wide, doesn�t step back
All the best to you, and DON�T LET ME DOWN

Hug
Hug Hug Hug HugHug

5 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

I see nothing wrong with the joke ... Approve 

5 Feb 2009     

kriszcsel
Romania

I am sorry Olindalima if you have lost your sense of humour, my post wasn�t written with a bad intention! And it wasn�t a "joke about someone" as you wrote, it was a remark about things that were happening yesterday on the forum. In my opinion you should get some rest and lighten up!  

5 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

It was a great remark! In just one sentence you said what everyone had been saying on and on in the forum. There was nothing malicious about it and i don�t see why any fuss is being made about it. That was healthy humour, if you ask me. And i loved it.  Thumbs Up

5 Feb 2009