Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Help needed - how to show the tunes to a song    

Help needed - how to show the tunes to a song

SVieira
Portugal

Help needed - how to show the tunes to a song

Hi, everyone! I have been working on a song to teach colours to very young children (pre-schoolers) - I have new lyrics to go with a popular Portuguese children �s song (so, no copyright on the tune). The only problem is that non-Portuguese speakers will probably not be familiar with the tune. I have been through youtube to look for a karaoke version of the song (so you could all know to which tune the lyrics would go with) but I cannot find anything without the original words to it. So my question is - do you think I could upload the song here (it �s a PowerPoint, to be used as something similar to a karaoke) with a link to a a song which is not in English? The link would be included in one or two slides that would have to be removed (they would contain just the instructions), so the document to be used (after the removal of the instructions) would be 100% in English (the very little Portuguese text would just help to show which words go where - line 1 of the colour song would be shown with line 1 of the original song, and the same with lines 2, 3, etc...). You see, I wouldn �t like to be reported for not complying to the rule that states that all contributions must be 100% in English... (Or do you - Portuguese teachers - know of any alternative way I can get around this problem? The tune is "Doidas, doidas, doidas andam as galinhas...")

14 Feb 2014