Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Sorry to be grumpy BUT....    

Sorry to be grumpy BUT....

cheezels
New Zealand

Sorry to be grumpy BUT....

I have to get this off my chest. We have discussed here so many times what is copying and what is not and it is generally accepted that if we use something (like from a website) to acknowledge it... also that if something is copied and pasted straight from another website WITH NOTHING ADDED LIKE YOUR OWN ACTIVITIES  then IT IS NOT YOUR OWN WORK.

(However if you take a section (like a picture or whatever) and then make a worksheet+ activity etc around it, then it�s ok as it has been adapted and created into something different)

It troubles me to see POPULAR and HEAVILY downloaded (in some cases over 100+) worksheets that are direct rip offs from other sources from the web but have been "made pretty" with a border, or some pictures or into say a different format like a powerpoint. BUT THE TEXT and CONTENT IS THE SAME.

I am not going to point the finger. I have reported the ones I know directly to Victor.

COME ONE GUYS!!!!!!! I feel ripped off and gutted to download something and then on closer reading realise I have seen it/ read it before while surfing English based web pages...

5 Feb 2009      

blizzard1
Denmark

Dear cheezels

I don�t think you�re being grumpy. You are completely right and I couldn�t agree more with you.
I�ve also written about it.
I�ve also taken the "mad" sheriff cow out to work.
I always report copied and stolen wss.
It�s so discouraging to see that these things keep on happening and people keep on downloading stolen material. I sometimes get so frustrated about the whole situation and  I get so upset about it because this is not what this site is about.

Ok it came out my chest once more.

One more thing that bothers me is that I�ve reported members who have several stolen wss and they�re still members after several months.

Love this site though and I�m addicted to it.

Cheers
Tisha

5 Feb 2009     

manuelanunes3
Portugal

I liked the cow Tongue

5 Feb 2009     

BRAHIM S
France

This is very frustrating indeed

I am definitely with you, when you say  most of the heavily dowloaded worksheets are , most of the times, copied somewhere in the web.....

But like Tisha, I am also addicted, though

5 Feb 2009