Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > TENSES HELP    

TENSES HELP

araveg
Spain

TENSES HELP

Dear friends,

I needyour help. Is this exercise ok?

I �d be very grateful

Thanksin advance

COMPLETE THE SENTENCES WITH A VERB IN ACTIVE OR PASSIVE FORM:

1-      He(sentence) __WAS SENTENCED____________ to five years imrisionment by a judge

2-      The prisioner (allow)      IS  ALLOWED_____ out for exercise but he SPENDS  the  rest of their time in their cells

3-      I really must _HAVE DRIED AND CLEANED___________dress  (dry-clean) before my birthday

4-      They used (start) ____TO START ___ the engine hand. Now they (start) ____ARE STARTED by electricity

5- My grandma�s house  (burn) __WAS BURNT___ by a fire. She is   _LIVING___  in the basement

6-Why ___DON�T YOU DECORATE______  your house(decorate)? It will make it easier to sell

8-Almost half of the shoes which ___ARE MADE_ in India  are trainers.

9-      Lately sales of BOOTS (affect) __ARE AFFECTED_____ by the fact that they _HAVE BEEN ___ a fashion item for so many years

10-Peter plays tennis  every day but he can�t play today because he ____HASN�T REPAIRED  his racket (/repair)

26 Feb 2014      

douglas
United States

1-      He(sentence) __WAS SENTENCED____________ to five years imprisonment by a judge

2-      The prisoners (allow)    ARE ALLOWED_____ out for exercise but they  SPEND  the  rest of their time in their cells

3-      I really must _dry-clean my___________dress  (dry-clean) before my birthday

4-      They used (start) ____TO START ___ the engines by hand. Now they (start) ____ARE STARTED by electricity

5- My grandma�s house  (burn) __WAS BURNT___ by a fire. She is   _LIVING___  in the basement

6-Why ___DON�T YOU DECORATE______  your house(decorate)? It will make it easier to sell

8-Almost half of the shoes which ___ARE MADE_ in India  are trainers.

9-      Lately sales of BOOTS (affect) __ARE AFFECTED_____ by the fact that they _HAVE BEEN ___ a fashion item for so many years

10-Peter plays tennis  every day but he can�t play today because he ____HASN�T REPAIRED  his racket (/repair)

26 Feb 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Or
3. have my dress dry-cleaned.
4. engines used to be started by hand
5 burnt (down)
9. sales of boots have been affected
10 hasn �t had his racket repaired. 

26 Feb 2014     

a.antonides
Spain

With a slight difference:

3. causative → have my dressed dry-cleaned as you don �t usually do it yourself.  

4. to start - are being started → passive continuous (now)

5. was burnt

9. are affected - have been

10. causative → hasn �t had his racket repaired

26 Feb 2014     

araveg
Spain

thank you very much for your help

Have a nice day

27 Feb 2014