Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > > Stolen worksheet !    

Stolen worksheet !

emsejowa
Poland

Stolen worksheet !

Hello everyone,
Today, I was looking for new worksheets and I found that sb has stolen my printable. I don �t want to advertise my work but it was about Past Simple tense. I have reported this inconvenience.

The question for you guys: Did you have similar problems? How can we deal with such problems? Maybe there are some ways how to sign our printables...

26 Feb 2014      

ueslteacher
Ukraine

There �s no way to stop people from taking advantage from other people �s work. The only way to deal with it is to report the copy.
If you make your worksheets on your personal computer and you are the default user, your user name will be assigned to all your document by default and anyone who downloads them will see it in the documents � properties. This is how people can check who created the document. BUT if, like me, you have your husband as a default user, then all the docs will have his nameSmile
You know, I �ve seen people upload worksheeets with other esl website �s copyright signature at the bottom, or signed by a different name and I doubt anything can stop them from copying if they choose to do so.

26 Feb 2014     

David Lisgo
Japan

Many members who download worksheets probably don �t care very much whether or not a worksheet is stolen, but for me it �s like buying stolen property, so I only download from members I trust, though if I like a worksheet and I don know the author I will first check out the material to see whether or not the material is truly the members own work (it doesn �t take long). This way I get to know who are the truly trustworthy and creative members of this site, and believe me there are many.
I put my copyright mark on all of my work but it isn �t always a help. Once and member took 100s of my worksheets, erased my name and put the worksheets up on "Teachers Pay Teachers" and other pay sites. May God forgive him. 

26 Feb 2014     

lolimedina
Spain

Hello everyone!
My contribution has been in esl printables for many years. And now I has discovered that a website has copied it. They has put its name and they erased my name.
And Esl printables has removed it because they think that it is a copy. And it is a big mistake.

I think we are helpless in esl printables because our contributions can be copied by anyone. And if they put them on the Internet, they become their owners. Why? 

I think it �s very unfair! Who can defend me, if I trusted esl printables for many years? Because my work has been in esl printables for many years.

1 Apr 2014     

dackala
Serbia

Some members upload from different computers, so the names behind Word documents are not real help do define if it �s stolen or not. I �ve been uploading printables from five computers ( Zoran, Dasa, Danilo...) as I was not always at home while preparing them and I don �t have my personal lap top ( as I spent the whole fortune on books and now I don �t earn enough to buy it). So, my advice is- put your work after completion on a blog or this site ( if you want to go public) and if someone steals your work , than it �ll be easy for you to prove it.

Now, you can prove it by the date of creation from your computer. As you know the person you can face him/her with the problem.

I wish you big luck and I know how frustrating it can be when someone steals from you!

18 Oct 2014     

vivienne71
Greece

I �ve just reported one of my worksheets as having been stolen! It  was uploaded only a week ago!
How pathetic, don �t you think?

9 Nov 2014