Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > World Book Day & Usborne books    

World Book Day & Usborne books

kezziej
Italy

World Book Day & Usborne books

Hi! I hope I�m ok writing this but I have found it useful and think it �d be good to share..�in March we have World Book Day to celebrate, aimed at encouraging children to read and encouraging teachers to get their students to read! Usborne books are doing a promotion for WBD that gives children �1 or �1.50 off the price of one of their books. I have done this promotion in my school over the last couple of years and it has been a great success, and by doing this I�ve also gained free books for my school library. If you look on the Usborne website too you can find �quicklinks� that give you links to supplementary material for books and there are also books that have their own downloadable worksheets for students to use. I have been using their books and resources in classes and find them all very useful, plus the fact I�ve had free books for the library is a bonus! If you don�t know them I would recommend checking them out! If anyone would like further information about all this, please message me�.thanks!

4 Mar 2014      

silvia.patti
Italy

But the registrations are closed! You have to pay if you want to join!

4 Mar 2014     

kezziej
Italy

That �s not correct, you don �t have to pay anything! as a school you can organize free flyer drops or a book stand in book week through an Usborne organizer. Students buy the books and then you are entitled to a percentage of free books depending on the sales. It costs schools nothing and you don �t have to register!
This is what happens at my school.
You can also become an organizer and then at the same time as gaining books for your school you can also earn some money, but yes, you have to register, naturally and purchase a starter pack of books, that you in turn can sell and earn from...

4 Mar 2014