Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Lovely quote    

Lovely quote

Peter Hardy
Australia

Lovely quote

I came across this lovely quote. You may want to turn it into a poster :-)
"The only way to learn a language is to open your mouth and say something!"
Cheers, Peter.

16 Mar 2014      

jannabanna
France

Hi Peter,

That �s SO true!  Have a nice week!

Janet

17 Mar 2014     

Matthew@ELSP
Japan

I would tend to agree with you, but, interestingly, I am reading a book right now whose authors and ideas would not.

Who am I, a mere TESOL certificate holder, to argue with these people?

Very interesting read.

http://www.amazon.com/Techniques-Principles-Language-Teaching-Larsen-Freeman/dp/0194423603/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1395046647&sr=8-2&keywords=diane+larson

17 Mar 2014     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Dear Matthew, no matter which technique or methodology (or philosophy) you follow, one thing they all have in common is that in order to learn a language, you need the courage to get the words out of your mouth. So why not start at that beginning? Saves you a lot of money in books, too :-) In my 10 years experience my successful students were those who dared to speak. Not easy, especially for the older students (55+). I hope you �ll give it a go. Cheers, Peter

17 Mar 2014     

JuliaKaraban
Russian Federation

Agree with Peter. I have students who can read well, write well, but afraid to speak.

17 Mar 2014     

olgavillanua
Spain

I love the quote!. I share it �cause it �s abosultely true.....

17 Mar 2014     

Jessisun
Argentina

Love it!!! I �m pretty sure the quote you posted is going to be on a poster in our English academy!!! Thank you!!!! Smile

17 Mar 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I really like it. I wonder if someone will give it a nice border and a nice font and upload it as a poster? I would like this on my classroom wall. I haven �t followed Matthew �s link, but I learned French without speaking it much. I could translate n �importe quoi, but when I arrived in France, I couldn �t speak! Get them talking asap!

17 Mar 2014