Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > stolen worksheet    

stolen worksheet

maestralidia
Italy

stolen worksheet

today somebody has uploaded my "personality adjectives" worksheet as her/his work. I don �t think that take other �s people worksheets is a good way to be in this website. so, dear friends, what can we do to avoid these things? bye. Lidia

20 Mar 2014      

jannabanna
France

Unfortunately there �s nothing we can do about dishonest people.  The other day I found (yet again) one of my worksheets on another site and the person hadn �t even bothered to change the names of the people in the dialogue (incidentally they were the real names of my students!!) so .......

Just be sure to report it here and it will be taken off.  I believe that if someone does this more than once, his/her profile is taken off the site.

Janet

20 Mar 2014     

Mariethe House
France

This happens all the time : have a look at the thread below

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/search.asp?query=stolen+worksheets&username=&fromday=0&frommonth=0&fromyear=0&today=0&tomonth=0&toyear=0&B4=Search

The only thing you can do is ( as you did) report it and moderators and Victor will do their job.
I find it a bit annoying to see people complaining all the time on the forum,about their stolen work Unhappy it pushes other threads asking for help down .Don �t you  think the forum main  purpose is  to give each other help?I guess you were angry and needed to vent, in which case the caf� allows thatSmile

20 Mar 2014     

David Lisgo
Japan

It can be upsetting to have your work stolen and it always irks me to see the lovely comments and points going to someone who deserves exactly the opposite. I must agree with Janet that someone who takes from another member should be removed, as often they have multiple accounts or have already been removed before or how else can they steal a work from here when they have zero points.
I myself think it a valid topic for the forum and as we see "Stolen contributions" has its own forum heading. The caf� is all sweetness and compassion. I know people get sick of it sometimes and that the people who do the stealing probably have no interest in the forum or the topic. Can we call in the NSA?

The question has been asked before,

"Why do people steal worksheets and upload them here?"

I don �t think it is just for the 30 free worksheets a day otherwise they would stop once they reached 30 points but they often don �t, so it �s chasing after points, recognition and praise. If your work is stolen then report it correctly by linking it to your original work, as it will be easier for moderators to check and remove.

I found one my posters, which isn �t even on this site, in 70 different links. Ah well! Truth will out. Sleep well Lidia.

20 Mar 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I �m disgusted with this site and its members. Not a single one has ever stolen a worksheet of mine.

20 Mar 2014     

yanogator
United States

Lynne,
Your worksheets are just so great that the thieves know that no one would believe that they did them, so they wouln �t get any points.

BruceWacko

20 Mar 2014     

jannabanna
France

Oh!..............   how sweet Bruce - you are a darling!

I agree with him Lynne!

Janet

20 Mar 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

@ Broocie and Janet Hug

Lynne Wink

20 Mar 2014     

maestralidia
Italy

thank you David, Janet amd Bruce. your advices are great. Bye. Lidia

20 Mar 2014     

Mariethe House
France

Lynne
We had a remark like yours before! Have a look LOL But you were still a baby then!

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp?id=5705

20 Mar 2014     

yanogator
United States

So, Linda and Lynne, would you like your buddy Bruce to steal a worksheet from you, so you can feel part of the in crowd?

Remember, being popular isn �t always the best choice! (a bit of fatherly advice for you)

Bruce

20 Mar 2014     

1    2    Next >