Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Teaching material > reading     

reading

primpi
United Kingdom

reading

dear friends I would like to know if using  a text from a book and then creating a  worksheet  around it is allowed or not . I always invent my own texts but sometimes i find great texts  i would like to use . thanks a lot 

21 Mar 2014      

a.antonides
Spain

You may, as long as you add the citation. 
Anke

21 Mar 2014     

Sonn
Russian Federation

It depends on a book. If it is a public domain book then you can publish such worksheets here, if it is a copyrighted book, especially an ESL book, then you cannot do that.

21 Mar 2014     

primpi
United Kingdom

ok thanks i understand  .if I want to use something that hasn �t been written by me i have to cite the book which is more than normal . 

21 Mar 2014     

Sonn
Russian Federation

• You can use texts from other websites or books in your worksheets if you add your own exercises or activities (For example, reading comprehension questions, etc). Please don �t take texts from other ESL websites or books, it would be unfair.

• If your worksheet is just a reading text, it will only be accepted if the text is written by you.

• It is acceptable to take a text from other sources (not ESL websites or ESL books) and add your own exercises or activities, but you are not allowed to take an exercise from another source and add more exercises of your own. All the exercises must be yours.

• http://www.eslprintables.com/rulesofthewebsite.htm

21 Mar 2014