Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > WHAT ARE THE ODDS?    

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

ascincoquinas
Portugal

WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

Dear Eslprintable members:

I need your help .... And PLEASE do not take it the wrong way:

But what are the odds of three different members from different countries having the same name as mine (REAL ONE)? (America, France and Hong Kong)

Is it a coincidence? Maybe!? I just want to emphasize that such coincidence might be misleading and close my account as "ascincoquinas".

Thanks in advance. 

Ascincoquinas

30 Mar 2014      

maryse pey�
France

Hi dear, when I checked with "search by users" this only account appeared. Where did you find the others ? By the same way or how else ? Have you checked their accounts ? Have they got points ? What kind of worksheets do they have ? Hugs. Maryse.

30 Mar 2014     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

@ dear Maryse:

As far as I know I am the only one with the nickname "ascincoquinas".

My doubt is that when I downloaded the ws I referred above My real name appears on the "properties"..... on three different ws.

I am not sure if I have been clear.... So I will send you a PM Maryse.

ascincoquinas

30 Mar 2014     

PhilipR
Thailand

Well I googled both ascincoquinas and as cinco quinas and there were a zillion hits. Maybe it is not such an unusual name after all?

30 Mar 2014     

Jayho
Australia

Hi ascincoquinas

Do you mean that you found three worksheets with the same user name that you have in the properties of your worksheets?

If yes, then that means someone has opened your worksheet and then perhaps changed the content when making their own worksheet, instead of opening a blank document.  So in essence, they have modified the original worksheet.  Many people do it but it is a better practice to start from a blank document.

If this is the case, you can easily remove your name (and protect your privacy) by removing your details from the properties by using the Inspect document tools in the Prepare for sharing tools in the Info tab.

Cheers

Jayho

31 Mar 2014     

jannabanna
France

Hi Ascincoquinas,

I agree with Jayho, we have the possibility of using a worksheet �s template as a base for a new one so perhaps this is how your name appears in the properties.  Your account can �t be closed unless you are going against the rules, which is not the case.

As long as someone is not uploading YOUR original worksheet, that would be called "stealing" and you would have to report him/her.  

Janet

31 Mar 2014     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

@ Jayho - Thanks! yes, that �s exactly what you have described.

@ Janet - Thanks! I believe you �re right..

I guess my name is quite popular LOL Wink

HAVE A NICE WEEK PEOPLE!

31 Mar 2014