Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > paper ramekins - how do you call them?    

paper ramekins - how do you call them?

alexcure
Poland

paper ramekins - how do you call them?

Dear teachers,

I am searching for the English word for the following paper ramekins:

for the purposes of my three language culinary blog http://angelasdelicacies.blogspot.it which is still full of linguistic mistakes. Thank you for your help... I hope you like my blog anyway Wink

Have a good day,

A. 

31 Mar 2014      

alysonn23
Argentina

Where I�m from we call them cupcake wrappers or cupcake liners... hope this helps!

31 Mar 2014     

alexcure
Poland

Thank you a lot! Yes, it helps Party

31 Mar 2014     

evinches
France

In Britain we �d probably say paper (baking) cases.

31 Mar 2014     

yanogator
United States

In the US they are cupcake papers or cupcake liners. We would recognize "cupcake wrappers" if someone said it, too.

Bruce

31 Mar 2014     

Doot
Canada

Cupcake liners or muffin liners

31 Mar 2014     

Minka
Slovenia

Is "How do you call them?" OK?  I would use WHAT instead of HOW - are they both correct?

31 Mar 2014     

yanogator
United States

No, it should be "what".

Bruce

31 Mar 2014     

MoodyMoody
United States

I think I gained five pounds/two kilograms looking at the recipes on your blog! Most of them looked delicious! (I �m sorry, but I hate walnuts, so the walnut cake is out!) I Pinned all of them anyway.

Let me know if you ever post a recipe for bigos. My husband and I had some excellent beef-based (not pork-based) bigos in Arizona a couple of years ago, and I �ve been trying to find a good recipe ever since. There aren �t many Polish-Americans in my part of the country.

31 Mar 2014     

Jayho
Australia

In Australia, we traditionally call them patty pans but they are also known as cupcake wrappers, cupcake liners, baking cups, cupcake papers - just about anything goes.

Cheers

Jayho

31 Mar 2014     

FrauSue
France

UK English: bun cases.

1 Apr 2014