Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > why the games?    

why the games?

edrodmedina
United States

why the games?

Some may ask, why are there games in this forum? First of all they are fun wether one participates or not. Secondly they bring some of us back every so often to check on the game and as a result we see what others have written, what help they might need or what concerns they have and so if we have an answer we provide it for them. The eslprintales family here is a very generous one and we really don �t need the games, but again they are fun and they do bring some us closer. Ed

5 Apr 2014      

maryse pey�
France

How right you are dear Ed ! Have a very wonderful weekend ! Maryse.

5 Apr 2014     

CoLMC
France

I totally agree with you. Though I �ve never participated, it �s always a pleasure to read your witty answers and I learn while enjoying them. Keep going! Thanks a lot! Corinne

5 Apr 2014     

oumsalsabil
Algeria

Personally,  I think we need these games, not only because they are fun but because we also learn a lot from them.As an esl teacher and a non-native speaker, these games, especially WOD contest , have broadened my knowledge on English language.
I wish we could initiate more games in the future like the Questions Game started by Zora here
The game was open-ended and with no name to declare as a winner. However, it was a great fun and a lot of members enjoyed playing it.
So what do you think of setting new rules for the game concerning when and who will start it each time? Do you have any idea by which we can make playing this game a tradition just like the other games?

5 Apr 2014     

isa2
Austria

I do agree that these games broaden our rminds and stimulate active language training especially for non-native speakers.

@ Ed:
I have a question: Was anybody questioning the games n the forum? If yes, I can �t find the entry. If no, why should we ask this question since every member can decide for him-/herself if he/she wants to read the comments or take part in the game itself?

@oumsalsabil:
I personally think that the Questions-Game either lacked some kind of rule or the participants did not follow any rules that might have been set by the initiator. I think it would make more sense if the following question referred in some way to the previous question -  a kind of linking idea.

5 Apr 2014