Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Word of the Day winner    

Word of the Day winner

anaram
Spain

Word of the Day winner

Thanks everybody for your definitions. They all were great and made me laugh. Douglas not only made me laugh but I also pictured his �tumbarumba� so intensely that I almost decide to become a teetotaler. It was very hard to choose a winner so, as most definitions had something to do with dance, I chose MoodyMoody�s, which I found original and convincing:     

Tumbarumba is the latest offering from the iRobot Corporation. Their automated vacuum cleaner, the Roomba, has been popular for years. The newer Tumbarumba (from tumble Roomba) will actually vacuum from both the top and the bottom and will clean walls, ceilings, and furniture in addition to floors. If the starting price weren �t $2499.99 for the base model, I would consider getting one for my house. It certainly needs a thorough cleaning top to bottom!

The real meaning is: tmesis. The introduction of one word in the middle of another, as in Abso-bloody-lutely. It seems to be most common among Australians. There�s also a town in Australia called Tumbarumba. That�s why it�s close to Jayho�s heart.

20 Apr 2014