Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day!    

Word of the Day!

MoodyMoody
United States

Word of the Day!

Thank you, anaram, for selecting me as the Word of the Day winner! So, here �s the new word for everyone to play with:

PANTOGRAPH.

Remember, anyone giving the real definition is automatically disqualified. FAKE definitions only! I �ll pick a winner sometime tomorrow unless I don �t get enough definitions; I �ll repost as needed. Happy Easter, and good "daffynitions" to all!

20 Apr 2014      

oumsalsabil
Algeria

PANTOGRAPH is that series of  line graphs and drawings that are formed at the inside bottom of a fake stainless steel pan. These drawings can be seen just after the first or second use of the pan before they are transformed into stains and turn its bottom  rusty.     

20 Apr 2014     

oumsalsabil
Algeria

PANTOGRAPH in my dictionary can have another meaning:it �s to take a photograph of someone togged in pants (shorts)        

20 Apr 2014     

cindyfreksen
Denmark

A pantograph is obviously a graphical illustration of the number of underpants over number of days worn.

This should be a linear graph with a ratio of one to one, however, in the case of younger children and particularly teenagers this ratio can vary greatly according to parental control, age, sex and interest in the opposite sex!

Happy holidays
Cindy

21 Apr 2014     

isa2
Austria

A pantograph is a diagram that measures the facial expressions of a mime artist (PANTOMIME) during a performance. The more vivid, the more erratic is the graph line.

21 Apr 2014