Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > WOD contest    

WOD contest

oumsalsabil
Algeria

WOD contest

Dear contestants, the new word for crazy and funny definitions is :MARITODESPOTISM
I �m waiting for your daffinitions guys. I �ll pick a winner when i get enough entries.
GOOD LUCK

4 May 2014      

JuliaKaraban
Russian Federation

It is a word to describe the feeling of a woman who has chosen a wrong husband  and thinking about her wrong choice(mari = marriage /to/ despotism)

4 May 2014     

isa2
Austria

It is a state of mind that some husbands take on after marriage Wink
they think that women are their humble slaves:  cooking, washing, mending socks, cleaning house, serving beer during a football match on TV...

(Hope this is not the real definition!)

5 May 2014     

isa2
Austria

Oops, sorry, I �m disqualified. Just looked it up and found out it �s the real definition.

5 May 2014     

isa2
Austria

May I still give it another try?

Suffering from otitis, you have a feeling of despair that troubles you permanently.

to mar = disturb
it = pronoun
of = preposition
desp = despair
otism = incurable form of otitis

5 May 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

It �s collecting samples of salts from the sea, to test how the ozone layer is going. 

mari = of the sea
todes =(TODE) During springtime in the polar regions, unique photochemistry converts inert halide salt ions into reactive halogen species that deplete ozone in the boundary layer to near zero levels. ...
pot = the sample is then �potted � put into the pot. 

Arctic explorer-types carry out this very useful research.  

5 May 2014     

JuliaKaraban
Russian Federation

@Isa: I really didn �t know the defenition! It was my first idea when I saw the word!
          And women don �t think they are slaves, they simply cook, clean, wash, groe children.... and nothing else :)

5 May 2014     

isa2
Austria

Julia, you are right. That �s the trick!

5 May 2014     

fadel
Morocco

hi every body.
I think "maritodespotism" is being married just as a maid at her husbands house; that is to say; it is dominated by a patrialchal society

5 May 2014     

Manuhk
Hong Kong

I think the definition is more like that:
Mari = Mary (with a typo)
Tod = German for death
Spot = pimple
So maritodespotism is nothing else but a woman �s eternal struggle to get rid of pimples Wink

5 May 2014     

valentinaper
Greece

It �s a name for a medical condition.

People who suffer from it feel the urge to write -on the SPOT-an ODE to a lady called MARI.

Many years ago, it was a common disease among bards and poets. Wacko 

5 May 2014     

1    2    Next >