Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Question about file format    

Question about file format

Miss Laura Ashley
Argentina

Question about file format

Hello! I �m new here. I �d like to know how can I do to upload .doc files that enable you to see the same fonts I �ve used to create them, since you may not have them installed. Is it possible to upload .pdf �s here? What can I do?

7 May 2014      

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Hi Laura!

read the rules again please:
- If you are using Word 2007, take into account that your documents will be saved as .docx by default. This format is not accepted here, since not everybody can use it. Therefore you have to choose "save as word 97-2003 document", in the "save as" options
- Powerpoints must be under 2 MB. They must be .ppt documents

Rules and instructions

hope this helps.

8 May 2014     

samar
United Arab Emirates

Good morning every body I tried 20 times to upload my worksheets but a message appear that there is an error I don �t know how to overcome this. My files are 2007/2003 doc. I need to install some worksheets from this site but I can not because I don �t have points.

8 May 2014     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Hi Samar!

Have you checked the size of your ws?
Printables must be under 500KB. They must be .doc files (Rules and instructions)

Hope this helps.

8 May 2014     

sancuks
Tanzania

Hey, Samar! 
This kind of problem usually occurs when the file is too big or it is a different type of file not Word Document. I would say: first, check whether the document is Word, than check the size - under 500 KB. THat is not very big, so if there are big or many pictures in your file, they may just add up and be too large. 
Hope it helps. 

8 May 2014     

Peter Hardy
Australia

To go back to Laura �s question, in order to ensure the font stays the same on other computers without that particular font, you need to �embed � the font. Do a help or google search on the how-to, Laura, as I �m a bit too tired for another lesson :-( This site does not allow PDF files, as people cannot edit them. Regarding the many fonts available, please keep in mind that many are hard to read. The best font for people with dyslexia for example seems to be Comic Sans MS. Cheers, Peter.

8 May 2014     

Raissa
Brazil

Hi Laura, I was wondering the same and thank you Peter for your tip, I didn �t know about �embend �. I found this tutorial and I hope it works :D I �ll try it later.

http://www.howtogeek.com/106681/how-to-embed-fonts-in-a-microsoft-word-document/

Byee Smile

8 May 2014     

Maria Linz
Brazil

Thank you, Peter and Raissa! I was looking for a tip on how to embed the fonts, too. Have a great weekend!

9 May 2014     

Miss Laura Ashley
Argentina

Thanks Peter for your help! Clap

10 May 2014     

Miss Laura Ashley
Argentina

And also thanks Rassia for the link you provided! I found it very useful.Thumbs Up

10 May 2014