Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Ask for help > Play    

Play

agloria
Portugal

Play

Hello! I need a very simple play for my students. They are begginers but they like theatre very much and they want to perform in English. Can you helP me? Thanks a lot.

10 Feb 2009      

Ivona
Serbia

What age are they?
Why not write one yourself? I do that. I incorporate the songs and the rhymes they already know into a story. The best plot is always a party (birthday, Christmas, Valentine �s, etc.)
Get the children have choral lines instead of individual (though not all the time) because it often happens that they get ill and then you �re short of an actor, or even actors. Use action songs or any lively music. Get the ss to dance and scream. Be careful with the props they are to use. If they are little, they can get messy with them (depends on what you �re using)... Umm, if you need more ideas, ask me. I have a lot of experience in this.

10 Feb 2009     

agloria
Portugal

Hi�Ivona!
They are 12,13 years old. Thanks for your ideas. I think I �ll do that. I will write it. Thanks again.

10 Feb 2009     

educount
Spain

Hei hei,

I�d like to do the same (acting out plays for 5-10 y.o) but I�m afraid I�m not creative enough to write one.

10 Feb 2009     

Ivona
Serbia

Well, educount, you won´t know if you´re creative, unless you try!
 When i first started working, I had to put on a play every Christmas and at the end of the school year, and i had to write sth. There were no resources. (Not many today either!) So i wrote the first one, and the second one, and they got better and better so that now i have a number of them which are really good and I have been advised to publish them. Which i AM going to do. I �m still revising them, to make them even better.
Sometimes i don �t have any ideas, but i start with a simple Hello and come up with hillarious plays that both the ss and the parents (who know no english) enjoy. The key to a successful play is humour and good lively music. Oh, and dancing!
I could send you a clip or two of my plays that were acted in my school, so you get the idea. Just leave your email address. Or anyone that´s interested.
P.S. Agloria, it would be good if you sent me the material you �ve done with the kids (the language, songs, rhymes, etc.) so i could give you some suggestions where to start. Smile

10 Feb 2009     

Patito84
Argentina

Hi Agloria! How are you? Check tomorrow in new contributions I have sent a play that I did last year with my students, they were 8 and 9 years old, and they really enjoyed it. If you want I can send you the songs by mail later. I hope you like it, and I will try to give you more plays.
Greetings from Argentina Pat.

10 Feb 2009