Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Make suggestions, report errors > Previous Downloads    

Previous Downloads

ShakespeareGroupie
Canada

Previous Downloads

It might be nice to have a link on our profile to all previous downloads we �ve made. It would make it easier to keep track. If not could a comment come up like the one that says that this is your own page so download for free. It could read something like, "You �ve already downloaded this. Do you want to download it again?"

22 May 2014      

darryn
United Kingdom

I like the Shakespeare in shades photo. Are you thin on top too? He was an entertaining man I think. I like the way that literal meaning and double meanings are used too. Very witty stuff mostly. Darryn. 

22 May 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Darryn, I agree with you: that guy Shakespeare was really witty and he wrote some nice plays.Thumbs Up Our member here has taken certain liberties e.g. the shades. He has also removed some of Shakespeare �s hair - the man himself was not thin on top. Although, according to my dad, he should have been, because you �can �t have hair and brains �. Yes, dear daddy was bald as the proverbial coot. So, Darryn - a word to the wise Wink: yes, the member is obviously thin on top, but that question is a bit too personal! Wink :-)

23 May 2014     

MarionG
Netherlands

Hi Shakespearegroupie,
It seems your avatar gets more responses than your suggestion.

The possibility to mark worksheets as "downloaded by me already" already exists and it is very easy!

Simply leave a nice comment, saying thank you to the author, when you download a sheet.

That way, whenever you open a worksheet you already have, you will see your own comment to remind you. 

By spending 4 seconds you can show your appreciation to the person who just made your life easier, AND take responsibility for tracking your downloads rather than expect the webmaster (who already gave you the huge gift of eslprintables) to do it for you.

23 May 2014     

spied-d-aignel
France

Well done Marion  , I think you are perfectly right!!Clap

23 May 2014     

joy2bill
Australia

I totally agree with Marion. A simple "thank you" is all that is required.
a) to show your appreciation
b) to help the contributor to see that their work is useful
c) as a record for the downloader

Let �s face it, if you download something twice it �s good for the contributor, so why should we expect Victor or anyone else to keep our records for us.
Cheers, Joy

23 May 2014     

darryn
United Kingdom

It �s encouraging to receive feedback. Even constructive criticism is O.K. Darryn.

23 May 2014     

darryn
United Kingdom

To cumliffe - nice to hear from you. I was only being playful really. I think bald men are usually
virile people. Who needs it anyway-hair. Be bald and proud of your pate is what I say. I was just pleased he likes Shakespeare. One more tease though to him, because if he can �t recognise a worksheet he previously downloaded-well I can �t understand that. But I haven �t downloaded many so maybe that �s why. Darryn.

23 May 2014     

Peter Hardy
Australia

Shakespeare still gives me the creeps, but I have to admit I �m not a native speaker. I thought the Greek mythology was bad, but reread them after my Shakespeare experience. As for the suggestion, I �m with Joy and Marion: say thank you. I �ve also downloaded doubles, but only new members are concerned about points, I suppose. Well, I was. But after a few successful contributions I can �t be bothered about my points. I just love quality work and download (and upload :-) them without a second thought. # Darren, Lynne: in this day and age, who needs brains? Technology has taken over, and I still have all my hair :-) Cheers, Peter

23 May 2014     

ascincoquinas
Portugal

Hi There!

I certainly agree with Cunliffe, MarionG and Peter Hardy. Leaving a nice comment about other people �s work is POLITE and NICE. It doesn �t take much time.
 It really surprises me seeing many ws here with a HUGE number of downloads and only a few comments.... In fact, I have noticed that those who say thank you are usually the same ... don �t need to mention the names all you have to do is take a look .....

@Peter Hardy: I thought you were a native speaker LOL Wink

Greetings from Portugal!

23 May 2014