Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > Is this normal ?    

Is this normal ?

lilytech
Argentina

Is this normal ?

I`ve just posted a comment about having no ws left to download without having actually downloaded any! But  as a poor pc user ,I `ve just noticed  that I did not log in  ...  is it possible to click on the page and be already logged in ? If not ,am I hacked?

11 Feb 2009      

mena22
Portugal

Hi lilytech! I �m afraid I can �t help you much because, just like you, I �m a poor Net user.

For example, if I �m home, I don �t need to log in. My page appears automatically as soon as I click on the site �s address. When I am at school, it should be different. However, the fact is that sometimes when I visit the site I notice that I also automatically log in.

The PC is always right, so they say, so I believe I must have clicked on some button which memorized my password. As for the 30 points, well mine, so far, are correct. I have still 26 downloads to make. But many users have been complaining about the same problem, so victor will check it soon, I �m sure.

Have a good evening!
mena

11 Feb 2009     

aftab57
United Kingdom

Yes folk you can stay logged in but only from one specific computer.So make sure you always logout especially if you login from work or outside your home.

11 Feb 2009     

Logos
Malaysia

I �m afraid that is not so true aftab57.  You can be logged in on multiple computers.  I have two computers and a laptop at the office and on all of them I am automatically logged in and can access printables on all 3 simultaneously.

If you are using printables from a remote computer at work say, then if you log on and checked the �remember me � option on the check in, then your account will stay active on that computer until you either log out or the password details are cleared.  Anyone using the computer after you has access to the account and can download using your points, or even upload if they feel so generous.

If the computer or computers you are using are your own and you don �t mind anyone who uses them to use your account then check the remember me option - it is so convenient.  But if you are using a public computer then be sure to log out each time and uncheck the remember me option.

If you think that others know your user name and password, then go to the ´edit account´ option where i am sure (though I haven´t checked) there must be a facility for you to be able to change your password.  Do this quickly as if someone has hacked your account, then they can do this too and then you will be locked out.

11 Feb 2009