Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Concerning worksheets > Listening worksheets without a link    

Listening worksheets without a link

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I agree with you, Sylvia and I think that Manuhk makes an excellent point: include the transcript and then if there is any problem with the link, you can read it out yourself.

28 May 2014     

MoodyMoody
United States

The Rules and Instructions page hasn �t been updated in four years. I know I �m not a moderator, but I �ve been active here for years. If Victor and the other powers-that-be (aka moderators) would like, I can update the text for you. (I always hate it when people say "something has to be done" and don �t want to do the work for it or at least pay for it.)

And to return to our regularly scheduled topic, I think at least a website address�if not a hyperlink�should be included when a worksheet or presentation requires an outside video or audio file. The teachers that download your worksheet may prefer to Google or You Tube a different version, but they shouldn �t have to.

28 May 2014     

Jayho
Australia

This is an ongoing issue that should be addressed and I support s.lefevre �s proposal.

It isn�t actually in the rules but WSs without links to audio/script (or outdated links) are considered by many as not an ESL resource.

However, common sense dictates that WSs with listening tasks, in order to be useful to others, need either a link to the online audio or a transcript that the teacher can read out.  Otherwise the task (and thus the WS) is not useful to anyone but the member who uploaded it. 

A listening text from an ESL course book can�t be used and nor can a listening text from an ESL website as both breach the rules. A listening text on the member �s own CD is also limited and encourages breach of copyright when we here ask for a copy of the listening text.

Ideally there should a web link (to a legal link) or a transcript provided so that the teacher can read it out.

I would like to see this issue specifically included in the rules but if it isn �t then I believe the non ESL resource reason will suffice.

Cheers

Jayho

28 May 2014     

< Previous   1    2