Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Games, activities and teaching ideas > Word of the Day    

Word of the Day

cunliffe
United Kingdom

Word of the Day

OK everyone, are you ready for the new WOD? Got your thinking caps on? It is: 

I N E L U C T A B L E 

Looking forward to your mad, sad or bad daffynitions! But not the real one, please! 

9 Jun 2014      

maryse pey�
France

When you behave IN an ELephantesque Universalisly-Caterpilarized-TABLE way it means that you are persuaded to be a table with as many legs as a caterpilar to be strong enough to let elephants sit on it... A very serious mental disease leading straigth to an asylum !

9 Jun 2014     

oumsalsabil
Algeria

a woman appears to be ineluctable in front of her guests at a dinner table when the food she has prepared for them doesn �t taste good.

Ineluctable is an adj meaning not being able to show oneself and fail to impress others with one �s skills at cooking!
in= a prefix to form opposites of words
eluc= from eluceo: latin word meaning shine forth, show/manifest oneself
table= refers to the guests � table

9 Jun 2014     

ueslteacher
Ukraine

It �s a sad definition from me. So here it goes, INELUCTABLE is an adjective to describe some candidates who you think won �t bring any luck to your country/city/people (depends on the type of elections) and that �s why you don �t elect them, because they all seem ineluctable to you.

9 Jun 2014     

isa2
Austria

What Suzie served at the party was ineluctable. (=antonym of delectable)

9 Jun 2014     

mhansle
Japan

a politician who is ineligile for election for intellectual reasons.

9 Jun 2014     

ttuffl
Korea, South

Ineluctabe- This word totaly new to me but �In � souns negative. This word also reminds of �reluctant �. I guess the meaning may be used to describe a situation or status which isn �t being able to... Wow, i �ve been thinking of the word for over3 minutes and noted that this will be a good mothod to help my ss learn new voca !!!

9 Jun 2014     

sarguero
Spain

INELUCTABLE was that fashionable model of table my wife bought at IKEA and impossible to assemble.  Dead

10 Jun 2014