Welcome to
ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans,  activities, etc.
Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. If you want to download you have to send your own contributions.

ESL Forum:

Techniques and methods in Language Teaching

Games, activities and teaching ideas

Grammar and Linguistics

Teaching material

Concerning worksheets

Concerning powerpoints

Concerning online exercises

Make suggestions, report errors

Ask for help

Message board

ESL forum > Message board > images from books    

images from books

maestralidia
Italy

images from books

Hi everybody, as you can see in today worksheet there is a fantastic work about "the snowman" by Raymond Briggs with the original images from the book. but in the rules we read we can �t use from books or videos... I did a great work and a PP about this story time ago and it was removed. I remember that Tanja442 made a great work about Gruffalo time ago and it was removed. Somebody else did a great work about Frozen and it was removed. I often see ws with copyrghted images but nobody removes them. now my question is: aren �t the rules the same for all the people? so moderators why can a sheet stay and others not? thanks for your kind ansewrs. bye. Lidia

24 Jun 2014      

yanogator
United States

The answer is simple, Lidia. With so many worksheets being uploaded each day, it is very easy for some to be missed. If you find a worksheet that has broken the rules, you may report it. When a worksheet has just been uploaded, there is a good chance that no one has noticed yet if it has broken the rules.

Bruce

24 Jun 2014     

maestralidia
Italy

thank you Bruce for your answer. the fact is that some works are really great and it �s a pity to remove them. pherhaps it would be better to change the rules because some works aren �t so fantastic if you don �t use their original images. bye. Lidia

24 Jun 2014     

cunliffe
United Kingdom

I sense your frustration, dear Lidia. What I suspect the problem is with this kind of upload is that we claim copyright on the work - it �s there  beside all of our wss. While it is right that we claim copyright on the exercises we create, how can we claim copyright for someone else �s work, unless we get permission from them? It is most frustrating, but I think that is the problem. You might find that a brief email to the author will sort this. I have only ever been turned down once. Shamefully, I sent back saying his work was rubbish anyway!Embarrassed

Saluti da Lina, amatore di tutte le cose italiane, sopratutto il Prosecco con un po � di aperol. 

24 Jun 2014     

olaola
Italy

@cunliffe: vai piano con l �aperol!!!!Big smile

24 Jun 2014     

redcamarocruiser
United States

My opinion:

I value this amazing site, and am grateful to the moderators and  members who ensure that copyright is not violated. To keep the site safe from legal complaints,  it is better to err on the side of caution.

It is disappointing when one �s worksheet on which one has worked hard and hopes to offer as a helpful contribution to the ESL community is turned down, but the rules are there to keep the site safe from legal action due to copyright infringement.

Respectfully,
Mary 

24 Jun 2014